Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For at least 25 years now I have had a concept of a new and very effective "Economizer" for centrifigal chillers.
    For the very first time I now have the opportunity to turn concept into reality.
    When,(Not If) I finish this last chiller rebuild and can show increases in output tonnages being increased by 10-20% with "NO" increase in power consumed, I will post my findings and ask the powers that be to verify the new performance figures..
    My modification could be installed or retrofitted to any make centrifigal chiller Single or Multi-stage with the same increases in performance....
    While I have not yet scheduled a photo shoot with ARI or HVAC News as of yet, I will state that when(Not IF) the articles do appear, that any one here that wishes can have an autographed copy free of charge on me.
    I need a couple of more weeks to finish putting this puppy back together and at that time, I will post the results.

Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Is this the same design you told me about when we were working together at that plant in south Georgia?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoadRunner
    [B]Is this the same design you told me about when we were working together at that plant in south Georgia?

Yup....Bubba & I are gonna' prove we ain't nuts..
    Just no blooming onion for that boy...

That's just great.....peak my intrest, get me all excited about stealing another idea of your's, and now i have to wait.....This is'nt fair.

How about a clue...?

I'll take a guess.
    You've figured out how to subcool the liquid on it's way to the evap. Good for you!
    Now, how is it that you can do this without adding any load? Well there are ways.
    Where would the Flash Gas go?
    Some other trade, might call it an interstage cooler.
    I could see smaller barrels, but what about compressor?
    I'm interested seeing what youve got, of course, not if, but when.

Carrene2 is on the right track...With the exception that subcooling will occur without any...I repeat "ANY" additional load on the compressor......
    In fact....The compressor loading will be reduced, not only by the sub-cooling of liquid refrigerant, but a "Marked" reduction in condensing requirements....
    C'mon guys...Gimmee' 2 more weeks to finish this puppy and I'll have some numbers for ya'..
    Proven numbers......not the result of the mass flow programs I have been using along with some pirated info' from the Lockheeed wind tunnel here in Ga.
    Calculating projected results is now over and it's almost time for me to put up or shut up...

Originally posted by RichardL
    Carrene2 is on the right track...With the exception that subcooling will occur without any...I repeat "ANY" additional load on the compressor......
    I agree that there will not be any additional load on compressor, since it was designed to handle the flash gas.
    All you really need to do is get some super subcooling of condensed ref.. Possibly using refrigerant at evap. temp's.

You've hooked me, I can't wait to see what you've got there.

Hey, I thought Sub Cooling was a US Navy top secret

Almost like the top secret York "code numbers"...

Hmm. Subcooling with evap temps...

An internal liquid line pass through the belly of the evaporator somehow? A heat exchanger somehow in the suction?

There was a guy over in Idaho who came up with a suction line to liquid line heat exchanger/subcooler and offered it free of charge to a well known Idaho supermarket chain, if he could have the difference in energy savings over one year. He ended up selling the devices to the chain after they told him the board of directors wouldn't allow him to be paid the entire savings.

Put me on the list for one of them thar ottographed peectures.

God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Okay...last hint till project is over,,,,,
    Sub-cooling using anything from the evaporator would'nt do squat...
    My thingy' requires no, I repeat "NO" connections to the evaporator that ain't there now....
    Mines a "Hi-Side " whiz' Bangy whatcha'macallit..
    Again...The compressor will see "NO" additional load from this economizer...and the liquid to the evaporator should be in the 55-60°f in lieu of 95°f....
    No more on this from me until I start this ancient beast up....An Old(1964) York HT, "Vapor-Cooled", R-11 relic, now loaded with Hi-Eff tubes and a "Master-Rebuilt" compressor.(Me)
    Did I mention that the original bearings were all within factory tolerances???? They were..
    I have installed all new bearings etc. if for no other reason other than they(Bearings) were grossly discolored...

Please tell me you are taking some pictures of this to post.

Ill venture a guess here. HTEX in the liquid line for a subcooler. Reroute the "Vapor" motor cooling to pick up off the outlet of the htex once the liquid has subcooled the liquid line. Id venture a plate frame htex would be used in order to acheive this.

This would give you the vapor motor cooling, eliminate part of the flash gas load in the evap, not add additional load to the compressor while increasing efficiency.

Richard, have you called John B? He is looking for you.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

I will be your sales rep for this for a small percentage And make you millions me just a few thousand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast