Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wonder if the 99% will boycott Facebook

So if we start raising taxes on the wealthy they'll just renounce their citizenship. Then who's left to tax? The middle class?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...efore-ipo.html
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Well there's always the illegals....wonder how we could tax them so they pay for everything they are stealing from us now???
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Well there's always the illegals....wonder how we could tax them so they pay for everything they are stealing from us now???
    Get rid of the federal income tax and institute a national sales tax. Despite what Obama told Joe the Plumber, poor people do get taxed. They get taxed on cogs
    , beer, lottery etc. It's called Sin tax.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

That was supposed to be cigs. Some smartphone.

Cigs and alcohol should be taxed......taxed to the extreme.

Both are very bad for you and both cause a lot of trouble...especially alcohol.

I smoke by the way..... but with the way prices have gone up I have cut down quite a bit.....and Im glad.

I dont drink though...... thats just like inviting the devil into your mind.

I dont want the devil in my head telling me to do stupid things.

They ought to tax lottery tickets too.....

Im tired of standing in line at the store to pay for my stuff while some inbred backwoods hillbilly goofball is up there buying two or three tickets then scratching them off like a maniac so they dont have to give up their place in line.

Damn rednecks...... and half the time they got three or four kids out in the car....probably thristy or hungry and their knocked up old lady out there waiting on her soda or some other useless treat.

My god.... why cant the lord give me permission to RELEASE THE KRACKEN on some of these god forsaken creatures.......

The spell check is saying I spelled Kracken wrong........lol

Its also telling me I spelled thirsty wrong..... I did ......but Im not changing it cause I doubt anyone will catch it....

And of course I left the apostrophe out of "dont"

I did spell apostrophe right......which is odd because I believe this is the first time I have ever typed or written that word.

Oh....

Good evening my hvac talk arp section of the forum friends....

I hope all is going well for you guys this evening.....

And I mean that most sincerely......

Hard week for me......Im just glad to be home.....

Wore a hole in top of my foot this week wearing some uncomfortable work shoes..... and Ive also had a stressfull week......

Weedeated some this evening......after my shower.....Im hoping to do absolutely nothing the rest of the evening.

I might get blasted for this, BUT if you renounce your citizenship to get out of paying your fair share of taxes then you need stripped of your right to vote, and there needs to be a "non-citizen tax" that far exceeds what an American citizen would pay. Failure to comply will lead to immediate deportation, no questions asked and to be reinstated as a citizen you MUST go through all the process an immigrant does and will still be held accountable for said "non-citizen tax" for a duration of 5 years following the completion of such process.

Im pretty sure.... someone could research this..... but Im pretty sure that if you renounce your US citizenship you cannot vote anymore.....

cause you are not a US citizen.

This guy is what...a billionaire.....and look at what an idiot he is.

He doesnt stand a chance in hell of ever blowing that cash.....his future generations of family wont be able to blow it....

Yet his whiney ass renounces his US citizenship to save on taxes.

What a dolt..... yes...he is wealthy.....but that only makes him a wealthy dolt.

Non citizens vote every election. No problem. No I.D. No worry.....Popeye, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, whoever you want to be. That's the whole idea behind voting I.D.'s.
    Just more votes for the lefties.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I would like to see voter I.D. be required, and the purple thumb strategy be employed as fake I.D's can be gotten.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Cigs and alcohol should be taxed......taxed to the extreme.

Both are very bad for you and both cause a lot of trouble...especially alcohol.

I smoke by the way..... but with the way prices have gone up I have cut down quite a bit.....and Im glad.

If you belive group should be "taxed to the extreme" then WHAT is wrong with taxing the "wealthy" to the extreme? Or how about taxing the "middle class" to the extreme?

That idea is pretty dumb, IMO.

A tax should be placed so that ALL people have "skin in the game". A national sales tax, or even just a flat dollar amount per adult, is right. Implimenting a national sales tax is STILL going to be progressive like it is now. Poorer people don't spend nearly as much money as wealthy people do.

Sin taxes are completely retarded. You are merely picking on one group to benefit another. If I smoke, get cancer and die, I am not going to collect that social security I have paid into for MANY years. My health insurance will pay the bulk of my medical treatments. I will die much younger, and will NOT be a drain on SS and medicare. I won't be procreating more future welfare dole babies, living in HUD housing, eating up foodstamps and other welfare "entitlements".

The VAST majority of smokers are middle class. Not the rich (because it is socially unacceptable) or the poor (because they can't afford the habit).

If you hate welfare folks, like you seem to imply, perhaps you could tell me where the last national tobacco tax hike went to? If you would say "to more "poor" folks" You would be right. It was used as funding to give more "poor" people "free" healthcare.

They say all men are created equal so lets abolish progressive taxes. If a man makes a dollar an hour or a 1000, he will pay an equal rate. This would include all income including benifits from the state. This would be fair because those that are pushing for higher taxes on their fellow countrymen will be pushing higher taxes on themselves. Fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post

The VAST majority of smokers are middle class. Not the rich (because it is socially unacceptable) or the poor (because they can't afford the habit).
    Not true.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...anX_WwJyIOcExQ

According to that report too many smokers are uninsured or on Medicaid and that puts a strain on the Gov and those that pay for their health insurance.

People remain poor not just because of lack of work ethic but because they make poor decisions with their money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast