Condenser Approach Temperature

Hi guys. Is there any verification of 1°C of CAT reduction will result in 5% energy saving of chiller. Please let me know whether this is true. Thank you guys.

what machine we talking about ??? you need a point of departure here in your question is not very clear , but let me say this , the aproach help you to know if the unit is working properly as the design indicate , now if you have a unit that is working now with fouling problems we are talking of something diferent.
    your question need to be more specifyc

regards

Thank Ess Chill Water. Actually i working with a company promoting automatic tube cleaning system using sponge ball to ensure condenser tubes of water-cooled chiller always free from fouling. So we focus on the condenser side only. some of my client ask me to study how much can they save by implementing this auto tube cleaning system. my calculation is based on how much we can reduce the CAT readings after the system installation.

Based on a study, this system can save about 18% from the chiller electricity consumption. So i need to verify the percentage saving for 1 degree C reduction of CAT. it is applicable to any water-cooled chiller, TRANE, YORK. and any type, centrifugal, rotary etc.. Tq.

Anisrahim
    sounds like ball tech technology i just use with york also we use the brush from pensecola technology, Please put your email address in your profile, they are not allowed to be in post, thank you. please send me the information of your product , i will give you some tips for how to justify the equipment with calculate the fouling factor and ROI where you guys located
    Regards
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-15-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: email address

oh no, not the balls again! had enough of them in the eighties. the old backflush system used to force the balls past the cages, and out into the system, right up until they clogged the condenser water strainers

how are the balls going to lower design approach? all they will do is keep tubes clean for a while. any way, keeping the approach at design will keep costs down. Any reduction in cleanliness will effect energy consumed, but it varies per chiller. not nearly enough info.

Hey ESS CHILL WATER, your not supposed to put your email address on the forum. There are automated computer programs that will seek out email addresses and overload the server if the email address is in the forum. I'm sure the moderators will be deleting it soon.

thanks for the warning R123 i will take in consideration

regards

oscar

Please put your email address in your profile, they are not allowed to be in post, thank you.

It has been removed from your post.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?