Post Likes

Confused York Optiview goes blank!

I have a YK with drive that has a very strange problem. I have been chasing this for months. The display will just go blank and go through the complete reboot process. I have checked all the connections and found nothing. It seems to come and go. Lately (according to the customer) it has gotten worse and will not even get through the reboot process and then go blank. it will do this for a couple of times than work great. Naturally, when I get here I cannot re-create the problem. it did reboot 3 times then worked perfect for me. The power was off before I got here and everything was cold. It seems like either a power supply issue or main board issue. Any ideas?

Dewey

Post Likes
    I seem to remember an issue with the power supply or connections on those machines, I did a quick look and couldn't find a SB in my collection that pertains but it might still be there. Do you need 160.54.M1? (optiview service instructions) If your mailbox can hold 2mb.

Post Likes

Email

Try sending it to me, if not try dewey.elsik@verizon.net. I have much more room there.

Thanks!

Dewey

Post Likes
    Had a similar problem last year, system would constantly reboot but never stay up long enough to report anything. KLOVE came up with the troubleshooting solution which led to the cause, see link to thread. Don't know if it will help you out but it might.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=219692

Post Likes
    There are several reasons why it will go blank you would have to go thru a lot of troubleshooting to hopefully find the reason but first you would need to know where to start.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    check the 5vdc going to the micro
    if it falls below 4.8vdc the panel will go into safety mode and reboot
    the panels have an upgraded power supply cable with a second 5vdc wire
    it's a known issue with optiview's

Post Likes

power supply

power supply on micro board top right hand corner if facing board has a tendancy to have a bad connection

Post Likes
    I have seen the F2 fuse on the 1730 board be just loose enough to be vibrating in and out of connection.
    Its located at the top right hand corner of the 1730 board, make sure it is seated and not loose. Also pull the input outputs from the board as stated in the above link, I have seen one shorted sensor pull the power supply down.

Post Likes

YORK YS OPTIVIEW GOING BLANK

Noticed these old threads, I have a YS chiller with Optiview going blank occasionally.
    Display tests and voltage checks all ok Re boots normal, all connectors and wiring checked. Has Micro board 1730.
    Reset power and chiller takes off and runs for days. Thinking Microboard? Thoughts?