Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 21 of 21
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    492
    I miss R12 and R502.

    Life was so simple. 3 jugs in the truck. Now I have 50 rainbow coloured tanks in the shop and a hand held digital pres/temp toy. And I never take the right colour tank to the job!

    And I cannot recall what a lb of anything sells for. i have chart for that too now!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by deux View Post
    I miss R12 and R502.

    Life was so simple. 3 jugs in the truck. Now I have 50 rainbow coloured tanks in the shop and a hand held digital pres/temp toy. And I never take the right colour tank to the job!

    And I cannot recall what a lb of anything sells for. i have chart for that too now!
    Those were the days my friend

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,559
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    ive used 401a everywhere, dont wanta change now..
    I like 401a.

    Good stuff for Med Temp.

    I wonder, though, how long before the price becomes prohibitive.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I like 401a.

    Good stuff for Med Temp.

    I wonder, though, how long before the price becomes prohibitive.
    Last time I checked it was over $$$ must be the 53% R22 in it
    Hot Shot was still cheaper @ 50% R22 go figure. There is a cylinder weight difference thou.
    I all most always use mp39 for w/i coolers and Hot Shot for small reach-ins.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Plainfield IL
    Posts
    101
    Why is the high side safety set at 400# and why is your head pressure 200 plus...when ever I converted a unit from r-12 to something else. I would complete a triple evacuation similar to what I was taught in school...I would add a small vapor charge and run the unit for a minute then re-evacute...I do this 2 times and the head pressure stays low.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Repairer View Post
    Why is the high side safety set at 400# and why is your head pressure 200 plus...when ever I converted a unit from r-12 to something else. I would complete a triple evacuation similar to what I was taught in school...I would add a small vapor charge and run the unit for a minute then re-evacute...I do this 2 times and the head pressure stays low.
    dont know, ive never worked on this system, as i said my competitor did the last compressor change, and he was a fan of using what ever freon he had...

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    st.petersburg,fl
    Posts
    803
    To answer your question...

    Pump system down and allow condenser fan to run until exhausted air is the same as ambient, then break out your PT chart and check your high side pressure with unit still off and follow it across on your chart and it will let you know what refrigerant is in the system.

    PS- will not work if more then one refrigerant is in the system...

    Also MP-39 is the better choice....Hot shot is Garbage

    Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,349
    thanks for the tip dude!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event