Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I miss R12 and R502.

Life was so simple. 3 jugs in the truck. Now I have 50 rainbow coloured tanks in the shop and a hand held digital pres/temp toy. And I never take the right colour tank to the job!

And I cannot recall what a lb of anything sells for. i have chart for that too now!

Quote Originally Posted by deux View Post
    I miss R12 and R502.

Life was so simple. 3 jugs in the truck. Now I have 50 rainbow coloured tanks in the shop and a hand held digital pres/temp toy. And I never take the right colour tank to the job!

And I cannot recall what a lb of anything sells for. i have chart for that too now!
    Those were the days my friend

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    ive used 401a everywhere, dont wanta change now..
    I like 401a.

Good stuff for Med Temp.

I wonder, though, how long before the price becomes prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I like 401a.

Good stuff for Med Temp.

I wonder, though, how long before the price becomes prohibitive.
    Last time I checked it was over $$$ must be the 53% R22 in it
    Hot Shot was still cheaper @ 50% R22 go figure. There is a cylinder weight difference thou.
    I all most always use mp39 for w/i coolers and Hot Shot for small reach-ins.

Why is the high side safety set at 400# and why is your head pressure 200 plus...when ever I converted a unit from r-12 to something else. I would complete a triple evacuation similar to what I was taught in school...I would add a small vapor charge and run the unit for a minute then re-evacute...I do this 2 times and the head pressure stays low.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Repairer View Post
    Why is the high side safety set at 400# and why is your head pressure 200 plus...when ever I converted a unit from r-12 to something else. I would complete a triple evacuation similar to what I was taught in school...I would add a small vapor charge and run the unit for a minute then re-evacute...I do this 2 times and the head pressure stays low.
    dont know, ive never worked on this system, as i said my competitor did the last compressor change, and he was a fan of using what ever freon he had...

To answer your question...

Pump system down and allow condenser fan to run until exhausted air is the same as ambient, then break out your PT chart and check your high side pressure with unit still off and follow it across on your chart and it will let you know what refrigerant is in the system.

PS- will not work if more then one refrigerant is in the system...

Also MP-39 is the better choice....Hot shot is Garbage

Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

thanks for the tip dude!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12