New to the site and industry

Hey guys names chase I'm 24..... Got tired of job I wasn't happy in. Love working with my hands and trying to fix old crap so hey why not try hvac. I have a lot to learn but I'm up for it! Looking into classes now Hope to start in the fall not sure where to start. I had done a few installs of heat pumps, air handlers, ect.. Hope this site can be of use when I have question and looking forward to reading post. Thanks

Welcome here!

Get your post count up and apply for pro membership, students qualify. There is a lot of detailed technical info available.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome here!

Get your post count up and apply for pro membership, students qualify. There is a lot of detailed technical info available.
    What's the count need to be at for that?

3,000,maybe. I believe Solarmike might have said 15 technical..............., in ARP. Better hurry to ARP(bottom of page) and start your 15 teechnical posts.

Hello all,

I have been in commercial foodservice repair for over 15 years. I left a position with a national service company 2 years ago and started my own service company. Most customers nowadays are looking for a universal service company that can handle cooking equipment, HVAC, refrigeration, ice machines, etc. I have even found myself installing everything from telephone equipment to paper towel dispensers. Our company has grown to include myself and 4 other techs (all with EPA license). My lead tech grew up in the HVAC business and last October he got his master conditioned air license. We have since ventured into air conditioning and exhaust systems. I joined this forum with hopes to gain some knowledge from you guys who have been at it for years. Anyone with questions on cooking equipment - please give me a shout, I'll be glad to help.