Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just looked on Rotozip's page and this is the bit he used. I was close on the name. lol

DuraCut™ Bit
    XB-DC1 Carbide XBITS™ for cutting plaster, including wood and/or metal lath. Lengthened fluting by 1/2" for greater depth of cut.

Carbide (tip)
    1 per pack
    1/4"
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

I always use a sawzall with the carbide blade, put the blade in so it faces the top of the saw, it has a smother cut that way, then drill the corners of the hole you are going to cut so you can have a second person down below hold a box tight against the ceiling. They need to hold the edge of the box tight to the line you are going to cut to prevent the vibration. Cut with high speed and very little pressure. Along with what others said in regards to alignment between the slats and informing the home owner of possible damage you should be good to go .:beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcb2875 View Post
    just looked on Rotozip's page and this is the bit he used. I was close on the name. lol

DuraCut™ Bit
    XB-DC1 Carbide XBITS™ for cutting plaster, including wood and/or metal lath. Lengthened fluting by 1/2" for greater depth of cut.

Carbide (tip)
    1 per pack
    1/4"
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    I always use a sawzall with the carbide blade, put the blade in so it faces the top of the saw, it has a smother cut that way, then drill the corners of the hole you are going to cut so you can have a second person down below hold a box tight against the ceiling. They need to hold the edge of the box tight to the line you are going to cut to prevent the vibration. Cut with high speed and very little pressure. Along with what others said in regards to alignment between the slats and informing the home owner of possible damage you should be good to go .:beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Between these two ideas; I think I have a plan!

THX again for the input; this is one of the wonderful things about H-talk!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Hi mate, when i have done some work on the place myself in the past, i have always used diamond drill bits and blades, always found them to be more durable and better than steel, i'm not sure if you're sorted now but you could try these guys for diamond blades they are pretty decent, if you Google fti supply they should ocme up. i hope you found that useful

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12