Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

But it seems like since Huesien has been elected we, all sides of the spectrum, are giving way to much credit to the office of the Presidency. In other words, giving him credit, and fault for all that goes on, and allowing the office to act as a dictator or King rather than a President as outlined in our Constitution.

We are supposed to have a balance of powers. I think the concentration needs to be on electing a congress and senate that will "do the right thing"; call him out, stop all the UN-constitutional appointees, Czars etc. etc. We need a congress with some nads that will stop this fool, and future Presidents, no mater which party affiliation, and expose them (him) for what they are (what he is).

We, that believe in what America was founded upon, need a 100 year plan to take America back; just like they had a plan on how to destroy us.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Your problem is people are out for what they can get for nothing or what someone in their family is getting paid for by the tax payer. You have a lying, liberal, dirtbag president handing out promises left and right at any person or group willing to vote for him. Wether it be unions, people on welfare , college students, government workers, gays, Muslems, illegal aliens, large corporations looking for preferental treatment, or anyone wanting something for nothing.

They now go with the idea of lie , lie , lie and if anyone questions it LIE. They realize that people are stupid and with the help of mainstram news media they can control what people hear.

Look at some of the people in here that you have respect for as far as what they know about hvac. Then they give their political view and reasoning and all of the sudden you realize they have no clue as to what is really going on or they stick to that point of view being their wife, family or they themself is getting some overblown benifit that average person bustin his butt is not gonna get being they didn't have some lobbyist rigging it in his favor. I think a lot in here probly are not stupid enough to not know its not right but then they would never admit it being its in their benefit to vote to what fills their pocket then to do whats right for the country.

No point in arguing with them being you can't fix stupid

Even the Fire Dept has learned how to tap the system. They now charge $1,500 - $2,000 for a 15 minute ride to the emergency room. And where do they go for that compensation, yep, the health insurance companies.

It seems nobody will take the first step to solve our health insurance problems. All they care about is making a buck and criticizing Obama.

My health insurance just went up 20%. Thanks Fire Dept. But go ahead, point to somebody else like everyone else does.

Cool

If you want to find blame for health care costs, look no further than Congress and the individual state legislatures. The main reason for rising health care costs is litigation, both directly and indirectly. Everything you touch in the medical profession is padded for legal reasons. It has been the golden well for much of America because nobody wants to enact tort law reform. Why not? Because the legislatures are made up of, wait for it.....................lawyers! Why would they kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

If your EMS is charging that amount it means they are finally charging what they must to recover their costs of operations. Much of that cost is bad debt and collections since the indigent care tax millage is drying up nationwide. When I left EMS in 1992 we were charging about $145 flat rate regardless if I emptied out the drug box. Medicare reimbursements have also been drying up and Medicaid does not pay for EMS service. People use EMS like a free taxi cab to get around town. They are carted into the ER where they hop off the stretcher and walk out of the ER often not even waiting to sign out AMA--against medical advice. Who pays for that ride? We do. When state grants and matching funds dry up to purchase new vehicles, equipment, communications systems it has to come from somewhere. An ambulance is for those who are so unstable they should receive pre-hospital emergency medical care and cannot ride in a taxi or POV (personally owned vehicle).

Congress has been bought by corporations, unions, special interest etc. They do not represent the people that voted them into office...this is an illusion.

If they represented themselves in their true attire, it would resemble that of a NASCAR driver.
    If they didn't carry out the demands of their owners, they would have a very short stay in office and probably never work in politics again.

We have an autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader that practices economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

We have Fascism!

Now, how do we correct this and get back to a Constitutional Republic? With the blood of patriots and tyrants thats how.

There is no other way because those that hold power will not give it up freely...never...ever.

We need to start over, remove all elected officials from office, elect new ones with short term limits and no benefits unless approved by the people.
    Every official office would have a minder of the people there to supervise the activity and report monthly directly to the people.
    The peoples minder would be held accountable for any illegal activity that goes on in the office they oversee.
    The PM would also have full powers of arrest...like a US Marshall, but for the people.
    They would also monitor all polling stations and be responsible for counting ballets in this country.
    Every minder would be required to memorize the Constitution and Bill of Rights, carry a copy at all times, and be sworn to uphold it under penalty of treason.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    If you want to find blame for health care costs, look no further than Congress and the individual state legislatures. The main reason for rising health care costs is litigation, both directly and indirectly. Everything you touch in the medical profession is padded for legal reasons. It has been the golden well for much of America because nobody wants to enact tort law reform. Why not? Because the legislatures are made up of, wait for it.....................lawyers! Why would they kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

If your EMS is charging that amount it means they are finally charging what they must to recover their costs of operations. Much of that cost is bad debt and collections since the indigent care tax mileage is drying up nationwide. When I left EMS in 1992 we were charging about $145 flat rate regardless if I emptied out the drug box. Medicare reimbursements have also been drying up and Medicaid does not pay for EMS service. People use EMS like a free taxi cab to get around town. They are carted into the ER where they hop off the stretcher and walk out of the ER often not even waiting to sign out AMA--against medical advice. Who pays for that ride? We do. When state grants and matching funds dry up to purchase new vehicles, equipment, communications systems it has to come from somewhere. An ambulance is for those who are so unstable they should receive pre-hospital emergency medical care and cannot ride in a taxi or POV (personally owned vehicle).
    You make good points but if the insurance companies are being gouged because of lawsuits why aren’t the cash payers being charges at the same rate? They can sue the same as the insured.

As for EMS, they cost the same whether they are sitting in the fire station or out on a call, with the exception of a few supplies. It’s my opinion that they are now in a need for more revenue so they decided to gouge the insurance trough just like the private ambulance companies have been doing for decades.

I am currently working for a retired fire captain. He said they all think it is crap that they now charge for their services. He said only about 33% of the cases get paid for. In other words, only the insurance companies pay it. So it continues that only those with money have to pay…until their backs are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Congress has been bought by corporations, unions, special interest etc. They do not represent the people that voted them into office...this is an illusion.

If they represented themselves in their true attire, it would resemble that of a NASCAR driver.
    If they didn't carry out the demands of their owners, they would have a very short stay in office and probably never work in politics again.

We have an autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader that practices economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

We have Fascism!

Now, how do we correct this and get back to a Constitutional Republic? With the blood of patriots and tyrants thats how.

There is no other way because those that hold power will not give it up freely...never...ever.

We need to start over, remove all elected officials from office, elect new ones with short term limits and no benefits unless approved by the people.
    Every official office would have a minder of the people there to supervise the activity and report monthly directly to the people.
    The peoples minder would be held accountable for any illegal activity that goes on in the office they oversee.
    The PM would also have full powers of arrest...like a US Marshall, but for the people.
    They would also monitor all polling stations and be responsible for counting ballets in this country.
    Every minder would be required to memorize the Constitution and Bill of Rights, carry a copy at all times, and be sworn to uphold it under penalty of treason.
    Instead of going to war we can start by stopping the corporations from buying our government. A lot like separation of church and state....we now need separation of corporation and state.

I believe this is what the wall street protesters were trying to accomplish as we sat on our couches watching our media bash them...who does our media work for again?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Instead of going to war we can start by stopping the corporations from buying our government. A lot like separation of church and state....we now need separation of corporation and state.

I believe this is what the wall street protesters were trying to accomplish as we sat on our couches watching our media bash them...who does our media work for again?
    Good post!

Too bad there aren't enough of us that see through our media. They cop out by picking sides.

Yes we definetly dont want anyone including corporations to be able to buy influence in our government. But on the same hand we want the government to be "business friendly" as much as possible. As business is the engine that drives our economy.

I don't know what channel you watched but all I heard was clips of people like Nancy Pelosi "blessing" them.

That being said, yes we do need to get the cooperation's out of Govt., on all sides of the isles.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

If you all agree on limiting corporate interests in Washington why elect those that thrive on it? You know where the new Republicans stand and it seems contradictory to where you stand. Puzzles me.
    Call me selfish but I vote mostly based on my self interests and the country I want both for my self and my family. The new Republicans don't even come close.
    Now I see Paul Ryan wants to make the interest on student loans 6.25%+or- permanent. When you can buy a house today at 3.5% or close to that why can't a student loan be close to that?
    Tracers work both ways.

The original idea of citizen legislators is something needed to go back to. Career politicians who know nothing else, will do ,say, or fight to hold on to their comfy salaries and power as long as they are allowed to do so. 30 years in office? Really? NO. B.S. Get a real job and try again in another 10 years, maybe.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    The original idea of citizen legislators is something needed to go back to. Career politicians who know nothing else, will do ,say, or fight to hold on to their comfy salaries and power as long as they are allowed to do so. 30 years in office? Really? NO. B.S. Get a real job and try again in another 10 years, maybe.
    That's kinda my point. We need people in congress that are more interested in maintaining the rule of law and the Constitution then their own selfish means and personal beliefs. When they are sworn in, that is what they take an oath to do, but very few do that. Those that don't need to be held accountable by current or newly elected officials. There is no statute of limitations on murder; there should be no statute of limitations on crimes against this country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast