Controling superheat to check hot gas bypass - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    too sophisticated to have any of that stuff, will get back to you though. Im just guessing 3000 btu/h is a little less capacity than this machine might require.

Quote Originally Posted by coldmark View Post
    heatingman that sounds like what im thinking superheat was sky high till I added in a little more gas then I could get it down but still no sc. Are you saying with a hot gas leak no matter how overcharged there can be no resonable superheat?
    Yeah, it would stay sky high, regardless of overcharge, unless it were so overcharged that you were pumping liquid through the compressor, and if that were the case, the compressor is trash anyway.

The fact that it took over an hour to harvest ice in the first place is a part and parcel of a lame compressor.

Also, if you were bypassing hot gas, there would not be a limit on the discharge pressure. It too would be sky high.

I have some info on that machine. Manatowik model EY0404A serial 900761118 compressor is RRS40075. New number for that comp. is RRT10KIEPFA959 POE oil 134a the old comp was r12. I don't like the idea of a 134a ice machine cause I've never seen one. Also copland has RRS40075 listed as HT? How is this possible? I'm going to suggest replacement of entire machine the RSN40050 I was giving them has about half the capacity of whats needed so wont work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123