Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you were

Bypassing hot gas, the superheat would be sky high.

You have a weak compressor.

heatingman that sounds like what im thinking superheat was sky high till I added in a little more gas then I could get it down but still no sc. Are you saying with a hot gas leak no matter how overcharged there can be no resonable superheat?

Quote Originally Posted by coldmark View Post
    I feel like a hack cause I am posting without equip. data. Ice sensor is the bridge thickness type where water runs over hindged sensor and initiates harvest. I forgot to mention this machine its in its twenties. A while back I adjusted the sensor to compensate for ice bridge thickness variation due to temperature glide in evap with 414b its an old r12 and some other charged it with hotshot, maybe when that oil showed up. Its not freezing the evap. If there would be no harvest with a leaky valve then Im still thinking comp. cause it does harvest just takes forever.
    Sounds like an old Manitowok. Customer will be better off with a new head unit. Compressor is gonna be $$$$$$$$$$$$$

got a low temp glycol chiller r12 sittn in back yard. Comp. looks the same except for location of suct and disch gonna check tech. spec. told him id sell it for $25 just pay for a professional transplant doing me a favor freeing up space in yard. Dont want a misdiagnosis either..... im gonna check n recheck then its heart transplant. I knew I saved that thing for something.

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    Sounds like an old Manitowok. Customer will be better off with a new head unit. Compressor is gonna be $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I have never seen a R12 ice machine many 502's though.

got a low temp glycol chiller r12 sittn in back yard. Comp. looks the same except for location of suct and disch gonna check tech. spec. told him id sell it for $25 just pay for a professional transplant doing me a favor freeing up space in yard. Dont want a misdiagnosis either..... im gonna check n recheck then its heart transplant. I knew I saved that thing for something.
    That glycol chiller is worth much more then that. You should sell that to the local bar.

That sounds great. Be sure to let us know the results.

if the chiller weren't in my yard for ten years and I knew a bar that needed it but given the circumstances ill cannabalize it. its old n after Ill still have the condenser coil and some scrap steel. $25 is really cheap for a comp. but its seen some service an I ain't gonna guarantee is longevity but im sure it'll pump better than whats in there. Plus I make my money on the profesional transplant.

Do you have the specs on both compressors so we can compare ?

no specs yet but won't make a move without them its old stuff hope info is out there my chiller compo is a copland rsa 0500 i think

no specs yet but won't make a move without them its old stuff hope info is out there my chiller compo is a copland rsa 0500 i think
    No Copeland rsa's but if that's say a RSN4-0050-IAA it would be 4,380 btu/hr @ 20/120 or 2,900 btu/hr @ 0/110

damn your good, just checked by candle light rsn4 0050 think it'll work?, just use your telepathy to know whats in the machine now okay?

HaHa... Sorry you only get one wish I take it you don't have the ice machine model # or a flashlight ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast