Hobart QF1 reach-in freezer. Need info please.

Looking at a freezer w/iced up coil. Only drawing .4 amps on defrost. I'm thinking the element should draw much more than this, maybe this is just the pan heater. I'd like to find a manual on this so I know what I'm looking at. Anyone know where to look? Thanks

Check voltage @ the element and heater safety if so equipped. You should be drawing ALOT more than that.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Often the watts will be stamped on an element using the voltage you could figure out the amps that way to.

If the name plate is still intact it would be listed there.

Can't figure out how to get to it. I'm an a/c guy, don't see much of these. The evap section appears to be sandwiched inside an insulated box w/a latched lid, and gasket in between. I lifted the latches and tried to pry it apart w/o luck. Could the two portions be frozen together w/the ice build up? I didn't want to deform anything prying too hard.

[QUOTE=mlock;13193881 Could the two portions be frozen together w/the ice build up? I didn't want to deform anything prying too hard.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya... happens all the time. If you force it you will most likely separate the steel from the foam. Try some warm water. Or someone will have a better idea.

If they have another freezer, have them pull the product and shut the box down for the night.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by mlock View Post
    Can't figure out how to get to it. I'm an a/c guy, don't see much of these. The evap section appears to be sandwiched inside an insulated box w/a latched lid, and gasket in between. I lifted the latches and tried to pry it apart w/o luck. Could the two portions be frozen together w/the ice build up? I didn't want to deform anything prying too hard.
    Yeah, as mentioned, pull the product, unplug the box and let it thaw out. After all, it can't be working too well if the evaporator coil is iced up. Check the defrost clock, too.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Thank you. Yes, I had them shut it down for their own good, but it will help me too. Should I be able to locate the part at the typical hvac supply house (Baker, Dickson, etc.)?