Chas,SC Service Tech looking 4 good com
    Hey guys. If you own or run a residential HVAC company here in Charleston, please read on.

I am currently seeking new employment.

11 years in the industry
    8 years as residential service tech
    Nate certified
    Waterfurnace certified
    Honest
    I don't drink nor do drugs
    I am excellent at sales if I believe in the product

Let me tell you a little bit about where I am coming from and where I would like to go. I started with a small company. Worked there for 5 years and moved on to a much bigger company. I did very well my first few years there. There was much motivation to sell and I took advantage of it. As time went on, the quality of the products went down and the prices went up. I still provided quality service work to every customer I went to. I was told constantly not to worry about the quality of our installers and just worry about myself. The problem is is that they still wanted me to sell installs. I'll be honest with you. I do not do very well with this situation. So I left.

Where I want to go:
    I would love to find a company, big or small, that wants to provide the customer with value. I want to be proud of my company and feel like I am doing something good for people every day. If you own, run, or work for a company like this in this area, please let me know.

Thank you.
    Jeff Layden
    278-5172

Lightbulb

ever think of relocating? air conditioning by jay inc. scottsdale arizona. hot weather, good money, exelent training and quality. call kevin morriston, svc manager 480-922-4455. if your in ac repair, sales, why not be where it is the hottest city around? its called opportunity.

Go to your losal union hall in Charlston check it out at http://www.ua.com they have alot of different contractors and will pay you what you are worth. Go to the union links page.

Originally posted by acbyj208
    ever think of relocating? air conditioning by jay inc. scottsdale arizona. hot weather, good money, exelent training and quality. call kevin morriston, svc manager 480-922-4455. if your in ac repair, sales, why not be where it is the hottest city around? its called opportunity.
    Naaa.. Charleston is my home. Heh.. Plenty hot here and moisture problems too. My only complaint is lack of professionalism here. It's pretty difficult to find other techs that actually know how refrigeration works. Thank you though.

I started last week with a small company. They are paying me well but the lack of organization is almost unbearable. It's like pulling teeth to find out if we installed it or if they have a maintenance agreement. On the bright side, they don't rush me. It is also pretty laid back place. Thanks.

townabee you should check out your local,you will never look back

Thanks.. I'll check it out. http://www.ua.org

what is the union wage for service mechanics in sc??

If you ever want to move down the road a little I am in beafort, no high pressure sales, 85% new construction, service building steady, could use another good tech. Family atmosphere, 12 employees, I still work in the field as the owner. let me know.