Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AlliedAir includes:

ArmstrongAir
    AirEase
    Ducane
    Concord
    MagicPak (apt 'thru-the-wall' stuff)

And they actually build old dedicated horizontals as well as an oil fired version of the dedicated horizontal. No VS ded-horiz as far as I know... <grin>

http://www.alliedair.com/

Locally, they are sold by C C Dickson; I was a guest to the factory 'Red Carpet' tour in February.

I have a background that includes some understanding of manufacturing processes... and I was impressed with the AlliedAir plant.

Regardless of which product you buy (except magicpak), the furnace will be from the Lennox plant, and the coil will be from ADP (coils all have microban technology included). Only the AC's, HP's, pack units, and AH's come from SC.

I have been installing AirEase and Ducane for about a year now (left Ruud); I think AlliedAir is a good quality product at a very reasonable price.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Thank you guys so much for this info! Will be buying the concord.

The other option is the Tx valve. Is it worth the $? What is the main benefit?

Yes. I feel like the TXV will more than pay for itself. It modulates refrigerant flow based on load. This is a way more efficient use of heat rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallicon View Post
    Thank you guys so much for this info! Will be buying the concord.

The other option is the Tx valve. Is it worth the $? What is the main benefit?
    Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    Yes. I feel like the TXV will more than pay for itself. It modulates refrigerant flow based on load. This is a way more efficient use of heat rejection.
    Yes, absolutely get the TXV valve. Think of it like this: Would one size shirt fit all folks? NO. The TXV valve adjusts the refrigerant flow to accomodate different conditions (hot or mild, humid or dry). And IMO a properly installed system (will not be the cheap price) including a TXV valve, will last longer than making the decision strictly by the numbers.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

And the efficiency come from lighter loads on the compressor with saves power?

Gents,

So I got the unit installed. It hasn't been hot enough to use it but the install looks clean. Only thing is that it was balanced at about 15*C.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12