Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fieldpiece SMAN3 Hard shell case

Has anyone had a problem with the latches on there case breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by ASHLEYHVAC View Post
    I have the case and it was easy to see where the weak spot was. No problems so far and I take care with the latches to avoid that problem in the future.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Yep I had one pin break off on day 2.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I had a latch break about the 5th time I opened the case and the other latch broke yesterday. Its a great case. It just needs a better latch. Im going to try to send it off to have it fixed or maybe replaced.

So you can throw the gauges off the roof but don't open and close the case to much. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    So you can throw the gauges off the roof but don't open and close the case to much. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I cant argue with that. But the gauges work great.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

My latches havent failed yet but i was not overly impressed with the case starting with the latches next there is not any where to put the dry bulb or wet bulb and lastly zero pading, now i know i wasnt getting a pellican case but a little bit of foam on the top side of the case would have been great (i can leave the pipe clamps on the ears but what happens when i leave the K probe pluged in all the time) just my ’2 that and another dollar will buy you a cup of coffee at McDondonlds

My supply house has already sent one off. They said the turn around time was about 3 weeks. So should I send it off and be without anything to protect my gauges or wait till maybe Fieldpiece fixes the problem and then send it off? I got a 1 year warranty on the case.

My supply house has already sent one off. They said the turn around time was about 3 weeks. So should I send it off and be without anything to protect my gauges or wait till maybe Fieldpiece fixes the problem and then send it off? I got a 1 year warranty on the case.
    Send me an email with your address (address in my profile) and I'll send you a replacement latch. We have a stronger material now for the latch so you shouldn't have any more problems. Sorry for the inconvenience but we'll get you back up and running in the time it takes UPS to arrive at your doorstep!

Same thing goes for anyone else reading this that has the same problem.

Travis

Thanks Travis. I just sent you an email.

Call Fieldpiece at (714) 634-1844 then 0

Yeah i would say there is a problem with these cases. Got my first one, broke one latch on day 2 and then broke the second on day 3. Sent it back to Feildpiece and they fixed my case and sent it back. Well, then on day 3 and about 5 opens, broke another latch. Sent it back again, got a brand new one again and this time i tried really hard to be careful with this one because it took two weeks each time to get my case back. Well, i think on day 4 and about 8 opens, broke off again. I think its time they made these latches out of something a little tougher than play doe or whatever kind of plastic this is. Feildpiece, I love your gauges, but I HATE YOUR CASE. And I NEED A CASE!@!

have had one latch break, the other is still working. Nice to hear a replacement is available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast