+ Reply to Thread

Thread: carrier economizer

Post Likes

carrier economizer

Carrier rtu
    m/n 48tjf016---6a1aa
    s/n 3904f60601
    economizer m/n 50tj401141
    Anyone have a install guide or parts list for the econonmizer. I found the plastic gear where the actuator shaft is inserted stripped out and cracked on the back side. Customer thinks it can be fixed but i have a feeling the only cure is to install a new economizer section. This one was factory installed. TIA Fitz

Post Likes
    I have fixed this in the past by switching a good gear with the one with the cracked drive pin insert as long as the rest of the gear is ok. Kind of pain, need to remove some screws and I think I had to drill out a couple of rivets. I never researched the gear part number though.

Post Likes
    Your local carrier parts rep was no help ? With the exception of the actuator Ive never had to buy economizer parts.

Post Likes
    All you need is some 3/8" all thread , some small roll pins, and some 3/8" all thread couplers.

Post Likes
    Is this the unit with a long Jack screw and a sliding plate? If so all the parts are available from carrier. The motor is pretty pricey though. Small Allen head holds Jack screw on at motor. Take it off and unthread the screw. Comes as an assy from carrier. If your dealer doesn't know I have the parts at work and can get the numbers tomorrow. Also register with hvacpartners.com and all manuals and parts for carrier are there

Post Likes
    My vendor came up with p/n 50680014 which is a blade and gear kit. He couldn't come up with a picture or any specs for me. Told me they don't stock them at the factory and we'll have to cross our fingers to see if it's what I need. Not the answer I was looking for....

Post Likes
    you need a new vendor. I've always been able to get exploded diagrams of carrier units.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in