Thread: ARUF Thermostat

Question ARUF Thermostat

I would like to know if the air-handler ARUF 193116 CA, should be used in conjunction with a an outdoor thermostat. If so is there a model one would recommend. My mechanical contractor says its not worth it to put such thermostats on goodman equipment, however I would like to; but he's resisting and the supply house told me that they would only speak to the mechanical engineer. So before I fire him, i'd like to provide him with a model thermostat to install.

Side note: the manual has a wiring diagram that includes an outdoor thermostat for the AT/AR unit, and my units do have the optional blue (medium speed) wire.

If your contractor has the credentials, then have him apply for membership in the professional section. Someone there will help him.

Thumbs down

that did not help

Quote Originally Posted by kenvogt View Post
    that did not help
    Unfortunately, this isn't a DIY site.

Even though you may not be a DIY, any information posted will be easily accessible to someone who IS.

Smile

ok, so without giving model numbers or how to instructions...can the ARUF 193116 CA be utilized in conjunction with an outdoor thermostat to vary the blower speed? At least if I new that for sure I could put pressure on my mechanical guy to install one.

Nearly all electric furnaces can be staged with an outdoor thermostat to control the amount of strip heat based on outdoor temp. But varying the indoor blower speed? Don't know about that. Things might get really complicated if this is attempted. Get a professional to do this!