Confused sponsorship help!

i applied at local 78 in los angeles and im taking the assesment test next thursday. They gave me alist of contractors to call and ask for sponsorship. So my question is should i call every contractor until i get a sponsoror should i go meet them in personand talk to them aboout sponsoring me? Is it hard to get a sponsor or how should i go about it? They toldd me the test is just to put me in order of the apprentices that get taken in. They told me I can get can call to get a sponsor before my test but what do I need to do get a paper sign or something? I know its alot just need some help thanks.

sorry for the mispelling I am in a rush

to the best of my knowledge, sponsorship means being hired by them to begin your apprenticeship. I remember when I went in to the app school, I was already working for the contractor, and it was their decision to put me in.

Isn't UA Local 78 a Plumbers-only Local?

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    Isn't UA Local 78 a Plumbers-only Local?
    Yeah isn't 78 a plumbers only union? If you're looking to get in the trade. I would join the local 250 refrigeration fitters.

I just called every contractor on the list and no one is hirring. What else can I do?