+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you deal with a leak in walk in freezer

Post Likes
    Why would you pump down the system? Why not just isolate the compressor instead of hoping you can change the control out fast enough. If it's a semi-hermetic it has isolation valves....just wondering.[/QUOTE]

That would depend on where his pressure control lines were located.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Why would you pump down the system? Why not just isolate the compressor instead of hoping you can change the control out fast enough. If it's a semi-hermetic it has isolation valves....just wondering.
    That would depend on where his pressure control lines were located.[/QUOTE]

True...but he said it was on a semi-hermetic compressor so I assumed it was on the compressor itself.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pherman View Post
    That would depend on where his pressure control lines were located.
    True...but he said it was on a semi-hermetic compressor so I assumed it was on the compressor itself.[/QUOTE]

True... but unless it's a service valve with two ports (which I do see occasionally) I would add one else where. Service valves with one port and a control line attached to them are prone to leak. The packing on the stem is not very reliable left open. Most manufactures will use a two port valve or place one elsewhere.

Post Likes
    True....but how come the two of us are just speculating...where's CY?

I usually see the pressure controls attached to the body of the compressor. So isolating the compressor is the way to go and the service valves are closed except for service.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in