Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

See The ??? In Your Chevrolet

Its sad whats happening to this country...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5G...ature=youtu.be

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Its sad whats happening to this country...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5G...ature=youtu.be

Roy
    The next Walmart?

Good post Roy.

Also GM has been laying off R&D, engineers and other employees at the GM Tech Center quietly since December. And this in addition to those past layoffs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0103/204300426

American tax payers bailed out GM so they could continue to expand there and to slowly contract here,by going 2nd tier wages for new employees through Kelly services.
    FEN

Many plants here are now putting in office space for a local temp service.

I talked to a boy I know and he said he works steady but its a few months at this plant then maybe 90 days at another.....back to plant 1...then to another....

Always working as a temp with no choice of being put on full time.

Several plants in our area are using the same temp service and Ive noticed in other plants that I frequent that a lot of those workers are temps.

This has evidently been going for a few years at least as I knew one guy who kept getting hired back as a temp worker at a local paper plant....and he is still there as far as I know..... but they would never put him on permanently.

I think this is the way manufacturing and other businesses are going to go. The government will gladly provide loopholes to work folks this way....and one day I foresee no full time employment for anyone......just temp work and part time.

GM has been in China for many years..... I guess with China having all that money now and a percentage of the population being able to get their grubby little paws on some of that cash...... that GM is seeing a bigger market for their automobiles.

While we might not like GM and all these other companies going to China....it does make good business sense. You want to build your plants where the money is and it also makes good sense to have locals building your products in their homeland so that you can use that "Built in fill in the blank" sales slogan.

GM and other companies first duty is to their stockholders and if going to China is going to make those stockholders a bigger profit then it is GMs duty to do so.

Might not be right.....but its business.

And yes... you can say that government regulation and labor costs in the US send some of this biz overseas......but even if we were to ease up on the regs and americans were willing to work for less...... Business is still going to try and build their product where the buyers are. That is just good business sense.

Yes, GM puts profit over putting americans to work.....but you are going to be hard pressed to find any other business that is actually going to put profit 2nd to putting americans to work.

By the way... I dont like GM cars...... never really have though we have owned a few.

I actually like Fords....and Toyotas.

Id like to buy a ford flex but cannot afford one. Maybe in a few years if a decent used one turns up with low to not so high miles.

The corsica I drive is 17 years old and has 60 k on it now...... small towns....lol

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Good post Roy.

Also GM has been laying off R&D, engineers and other employees at the GM Tech Center quietly since December. And this in addition to those past layoffs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0103/204300426

American tax payers bailed out GM so they could continue to expand there and to slowly contract here,by going 2nd tier wages for new employees through Kelly services.
    We can talk about employment numbers and it is dismal either way, But folks have lost houses and cars and cannot even maintain cell-phone service.

Inflation, whether the numbers are cooked or not, stuff costs more than it used to. We are in an historic great depression of epic proportions. Guys are falling into abject poverty that before could get jobs based on some skill.

The economy is in the toilet.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    We can talk about employment numbers and it is dismal either way, But folks have lost houses and cars and cannot even maintain cell-phone service.

Inflation, whether the numbers are cooked or not, stuff costs more than it used to. We are in an historic great depression of epic proportions. Guys are falling into abject poverty that before could get jobs based on some skill.

Yes the economy is in very poor shape.

But most folks are just aware of the micro of their areas.

To put it into perspective,in January Febuary BLS when you carefully studied the info 1.2 million people dropped off the face of the employment rolls.This brought U3 down from 8.5% to 8.3%.

The jobs saved but not created from the auto bail outs of 1.3 million jobs were almost negated by in one month alone.
    FEN

what's happening to the country is people keep voting for their worst enemy, guys like Obama and Romney

I feel sorry for our children, they were bear the brunt of government intervention and stupidity.

I hope I can pay off my home in the next 7 years, so I have a roof over my head even thought the world economy may come crashing down.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

GM China is Not GM North America

this is long and detailed but a good explanation

Words: 3068 | Pages: 13

Abstract: One of the world's biggest automakers, General Motors faced its bankruptcy in US on June 10, 2009. However, its subsidiary company in China achieved its best feats on the other side of the earth. How come the same company performed so differently in two different domains? These are specials for General Motors. What makes Chinese GM so successful? Beyond its managerial structure and its smart work ethics, the Chinese macroeconomic environment, the cross-functional knowledge management, Chinese monetary evaluation and the social stature all play an important role. What's the main contributor for US GM's failure? Its cumbersome structure and insular culture affect greatly.

Key Words: General Motors, Cross-functional knowledge management, Chinese Monetary Evaluations, Organizational structure and culture

1. Introduction

1.1 General Motors in China

The auto industry is no exception. General Motors has had a presence in China since the 1920s, exporting American-made cars, chiefly of the Buick line, to China. In 1997 GM partnered with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, a Chinese government owned corporation, to establish Shanghai GM. Shanghai GM specializes in producing automobiles for the Chinese market, though it also exports autos to other countries.

1.2 Performance of GM in China

There is no question whether GM-China has outperformed GM-United States in the last decade. During prime recession in 2008, US faced record high unemployment rate and a distressed financial system, GM-China was virtually unaffected by what was occurring around the world and continued to excel in sales and revenue outperforming last year's numbers. While GM-US collected bailout funds from tax-payer dollar to reorganize and rethink a new company vision and strategies to become major competitor in the auto industry, GM-China became the leading auto-mobile manufacturer in China exceeding the closest competition by sales of more than 200,000 cars and annual growth of 10.3 percent from last year.

lets not forget that China's government is ALL controlling.

which includes the valuation of it's own currency. The world bank has been asked to intervene amd get China to play by the same rules everyone else plays by. So far they have complied to some extent. but for the most part they play by there own rules?
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

And Dear Leader Hussein is sitting on it, and preparing to flush....................
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Just stop buying Chinese........don't quote it to your customers and stay away from stores that buy a lot from China.

Ohhh, but you won't do that cause the Chinese product is cheaper than the US made product and we all love to save a buck.......

There is not much else you can do unless you want to take out the big corporate leaders. Double edge sword that free enterprise eh...

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Just stop buying Chinese........don't quote it to your customers and stay away from stores that buy a lot from China.

Ohhh, but you won't do that cause the Chinese product is cheaper than the US made product and we all love to save a buck.......

There is not much else you can do unless you want to take out the big corporate leaders. Double edge sword that free enterprise eh...
    this coming from the guy that lives in a city that has so many Chinese immigrants the street signs have Chinese characters under the English words
    LOVE has four letters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast