York shaft seals

Unit MODEL YKCECGQ75CNFS
    COMP MODEL YDHF-52DD
    SERIAL SLRM-337010

Greetings. I'm looking for information on shaft seals for the model above. An exploded view and general description of the seal would be a great help. The last York seals I had the pleasure of working on were on the old OT machines and one could very often get away with only an "O" ring change. Now if I compare my experience then with what I'm seeing on this machine now, I'd say this could be a similar problem. Is this a possibility?

The part number given to me by the local York experts (sic!) is 029-22938-000 and can be found in form 160.73-RP4 (1106). I really don't want to talk about my experience with the local York guy. It's not been good.

I'm sad to see that the Chiller forum has gone Pro only but it is entirely understandable. I'd have preferred to get info from the guys who really know!

Cheers!

Ken.

Anything's possible, but not everything is probable. You'll have a new style seal that comes preassembled and set from the manufacturer in that compressor. The most common cause of leakage would be the C ring, which can be changed along with the cover plate O ring without having to replace the seal. The only question is, are you willing to put that much work into the C ring change only to find that you have to go back and do it all over again to replace the seal?

Thanks Klove. You are right of course and that is MOST likely the course I'll follow. I just have a nasty feeling I'm being ripped off with the price. Hey! I'll be quite happy to be proven wrong about that as I hate not being able to trust people. What would you guess the price of a seal like that would be where you are?

Cheers.

Ken.

Pricing's frowned upon in the open forums. I'll send you a note to your e-mail.

If you do purchase a new seal, don't throw the old one out, they can be rebuilt for about a third the cost of new if you know where to go. We keep a spare on one of my sites that has 9 YK's with the bellows style seal.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Pricing's frowned upon in the open forums. I'll send you a note to your e-mail.
    Thank you Klove.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    If you do purchase a new seal, don't throw the old one out, they can be rebuilt for about a third the cost of new if you know where to go. We keep a spare on one of my sites that has 9 YK's with the bellows style seal.
    Thanks NYRB. I will keep that in mind.

NYRB would you mind sharing info on who rebuilds york seals.Have several sites with them and done several seals,first i heard of this.
    cant make this crap up

Mary - York Seal 029 22938 000

Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    Interested in where to get this style seal rebuilt.

Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Iacinc

Put your e-mail in your profile.