Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think it's gonna work nice as long as it's not too bulky and make the gauge unbalanced whenever you hang it. I suggest you reinforce the hole, maybe use a small screw or bolt and nut with washers on both sides of the vinyl. Then use this zip tie with screw hole and another nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think your going to do very well in this trade. Nice Job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Should have used spring clamps.

I made one like that and the ratcheting action of that type clamp will over tighten and cause your jaws to break.
    He does a very nice job of making some clamps for his meter and this is all you can come up with???

BTW, those Irwin clamps are very easy to control.

Nice job, abcando. I have the 1250 with spring clamps and the wires break all the time. Time for a modification.

Talking Thermistors

The sensors are my biggest disappointment with DigiCool. With my AK the High and low are always within 1.5 psig of each other, but the temp sensors!! Some times I just grab a pair of my self adjusting locking pliers and give the Velcro a little help.

Wish I had a thermistor version of the Fieldpiece clamps. So far they are the ones I am most satisfied with. The wires don't seem as brittle as the DigiCools do.

Dan
    If you don't notice, I'm doing my job.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    He does a very nice job of making some clamps for his meter and this is all you can come up with???
    Bite me..lol J/K

Thanks much thethomas and chuck! I actually tried several spring clamp brands for possible mod and the springs on all of them are just too strong, not going to work. Those Fieldpiece clamps look like they work really good.

Below are the clamps at work. That bunjee cord is my best friend, my life will be difficult without it.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Gives me an Idea on what to do with the t/c that fluke 87 V gives you with their meter. It just has a bead end and I very rarely use it because it's in covenient to clamp on anythink. I like your Idea.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Quote Originally Posted by abcando View Post
    I've used the clamps a few times and they work really nice imo. They grip the tubing good, not so tight nor so loose. Really depends on how tight you want it. Bought the pouch to protect them from damage when not in use. I'd like to take care of my tools.
    I've got the same setup. Can wait until i figure out what clamps to use to mod the sock probes to clamps.

You sir, are a genius. I have been looking at these guages for awhile and that was the main flaw. Decision made.

Quote Originally Posted by abcando View Post
    Thanks much thethomas and chuck! I actually tried several spring clamp brands for possible mod and the springs on all of them are just too strong, not going to work. Those Fieldpiece clamps look like they work really good.

Below are the clamps at work. That bunjee cord is my best friend, my life will be difficult without it.
    Based upon years of experience and direct testing your temperature measurements on that packaged unit are going to be substantially off. You need to insulate the sensor to the line, and that clamp isn't doing a very good job of it. Kind of defeats the purpose of using high accuracy thermistors. Try it some time, you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Based upon years of experience and direct testing your temperature measurements on that packaged unit are going to be substantially off. You need to insulate the sensor to the line, and that clamp isn't doing a very good job of it. Kind of defeats the purpose of using high accuracy thermistors. Try it some time, you'll see what I mean.
    His look almost fully protected unlike the Fieldpiece clamps posted a few up. Those would be horrible. I agree for the ten extra seconds it takes to use a zip tie and piece or insulation you're gonna get a much better reading vs most clamps.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Oops I take that back. The black I see is just the velcro strap. I agree with Medic but his would still be better than the Fieldpiece IMO.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Oops I take that back. The black I see is just the velcro strap. I agree with Medic but his would still be better than the Fieldpiece IMO.
    Horse Hockey Pucks.

Test does not use insulation either.

Seems to me that a sensor that is sensitive enough will react to temp change fast enough to to work with out insulation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast