Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Milwaukee is my choice. The M12 line is awesome! A charged battery lasts for a couple weeks and the drill itself has a battery life display. Makita don't have that.
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

When my drill slows down I know the battery is low

if you don't mind having all sorts of brands for tools and having to charge a bunch of differant batteries, i look at it this way as a perfect combo.

Milwaukee Sawzall or the Dewalt XRP sawzall(battery life is pretty weak on that though), Hilti or Dewalt 20v drill, Makita impact driver, you really can't go wrong with that combination.

I've been using the Makita 18v stuff for a number of years now and have had no issues whatsoever with them.
    I did drop a Makita impact driver off a 20' ladder onto concrete about 4 years ago, and it landed bit first.
    It still worked fine, but it made a horrible noise, so it got retired to scrap duty at the shop. It still works.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I love the 18v Makita. Lithium batteries last a long time on a charge and only take about 10 minutes to fully charge. Also get good run time with my recip saw.

Angry batteries

My complaint with milwaukee m18 is the batteries. I keep burning through batteries and my warranty claims are shut down because the set was made 5 years ago but bought it 2 years ago. Nonetheless at 120 a piece I coulr have but a complete new set by now. Seems like good tools but batts are atrocious

You can't go wrong with Bosch.. They still have solid QC with their tools. Probably gonna go with them in 18V.

When I bought my 12 Bosch they outperformed the Milwalkee. Milwalkee seems to have improved that line and has a much broader product line if that interests you. I am very happy with my Bosch 12 volt. 18 volt Makita is the best imo. You may want to check out new brushless models. They will be smaller yet and give better battery life and performance.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Very sad, Milwaukee is no longer what it was.It was a great power tool. But Milwaukee is now having them made in CHINA, You would be best to buy an older Used milwaukee than a new one. I have milwaukee tools 20 years old. Still work good. i recently bought a new Milwaukee right angle grinder ,it burned out in months. saw it was made in china.I replaced it with a Hilti Good tool,but expensive. Shame on Milwaukee. They claim the tools from China are the same, Yeah ok, And R-22 won't go up in price any more.
    Same thing with me. I have a Milwaukee sawzall that's 20 years old and it still runs like it did 20 years ago

I use Bosch i haven't had a problem

great price on makita

I just found a great process on a majors set. It comes with grinder,impactor,sawzall,hammer drill, radio, light, circular saw and for under 600 bucks

Sorry typo price on a makita set

Makita then DeWalt in that order. I have always used DeWalt in the past but I was never very happy with battery performance. Since I switched to Makita about two years ago I now learned what I was missing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast