Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

best power tools

Milwaukee or Bosch what's your prefrence. Or whatever brand you think is best. Just tell me why . I'm dissapointed with my milwaukee set was gonna try to find a swap for Bosch set or maybe sell it or pawn it for the cash to buy a new set

DeWalt.

Very sad, Milwaukee is no longer what it was.It was a great power tool. But Milwaukee is now having them made in CHINA, You would be best to buy an older Used milwaukee than a new one. I have milwaukee tools 20 years old. Still work good. i recently bought a new Milwaukee right angle grinder ,it burned out in months. saw it was made in china.I replaced it with a Hilti Good tool,but expensive. Shame on Milwaukee. They claim the tools from China are the same, Yeah ok, And R-22 won't go up in price any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Very sad, Milwaukee is no longer what it was.It was a great power tool. But Milwaukee is now having them made in CHINA, You would be best to buy an older Used milwaukee than a new one. I have milwaukee tools 20 years old. Still work good. i recently bought a new Milwaukee right angle grinder ,it burned out in months. saw it was made in china.I replaced it with a Hilti Good tool,but expensive. Shame on Milwaukee. They claim the tools from China are the same, Yeah ok, And R-22 won't go up in price any more.
    Same thing with me. I have a Milwaukee sawzall that's 20 years old and it still runs like it did 20 years ago

I'm very happy with the milwaukee M12 tools.

I have the impact and just bought a 3/8 chuck drill.

They work quite well, in my opinion and fit nicely in my Veto bag.

Thumbs up

M 12 for me too.....I have the impact,mini sawzall,right angle drill and the pro pex expander. I'm looking to buy the mini band saw next.

I have a Milwaukee hole shooter drill that I bought in 1986 and it is still in use. All my heavy duty tools are Milwaukee. I am retiring my dewault stuff as soon as the last battery quits.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

M12 for light duty (panel removal and maintenace) and M18 for heavy duty installation/Repair (sawzall/hackzall and circular saw use). I have the M12 Impact driver and a Hammer drill driver. The hammer drill is quite powerful for a 12 volt. It is pretty impressive compared to other 12v i've had like Bosch which is currently retired to the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm very happy with the milwaukee M12 tools.

I have the impact and just bought a 3/8 chuck drill.

They work quite well, in my opinion and fit nicely in my Veto bag.
    X2 though I only have the impact.

I have Milwaukee and Makita. No problems with either.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 05-06-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Angry batteries

My complaint with milwaukee m18 is the batteries. I keep burning through batteries and my warranty claims are shut down because the set was made 5 years ago but bought it 2 years ago. Nonetheless at 120 a piece I coulr have but a complete new set by now. Seems like good tools but batts are atrocious

Maybe Milwaukee has some new better tools.Don't know about the M12 line. i was not happy with the grinder I bought.Will check out the M12 line.Like I said, i have some older milwaukee tools over 20 years old. Time will tell on your M12 tools. Hope they hold up.

I find my 18v makita drill, impact satisfy all my work needs, are light and have a great battery life aswell as charge very quickly which is nice on a job. I also carry around a corded Dewalt drill/hammer drill just incase I get into some heavy drilling some days.

I've had no problems with all my Hitachi tools
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast