Retrofitting Chillers with R-22

Looking to speak to someone that may be retrofitting the older Carrier chillers, 06E reciprocating compressors using R-22 and possibly changing to a 22 blend or 410 if it could be done?
    Last edited by K-tech; 05-04-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: insert compressor type

M099. R22 drop in with lower discharge pressure. Use to be costly but I think its down to 10 bux a pound.

407C is a blend but wouldnt use it. Its a little unstable.

Carrier recommends MO99.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Is Carrier parts turning into Lennox parts 10 years ago or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Is Carrier parts turning into Lennox parts 10 years ago or is it just me?
    Must be just you.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Ha ! The entire Carrier South Texas conglomerate has conspired against me. You would think they have better things to do.

Joking aside Im refering to their 1-800 parts # and.long hold times locally. Reminds me of Lennox years ago

Ha ! The entire Carrier South Texas conglomerate has conspired against me. You would think they have better things to do.

Joking aside Im refering to their 1-800 parts # and.long hold times locally. Reminds me of Lennox years ago
    It was better when Carrier themselves ran the place.
    UA 100

done about 12 conversions from r22 to MO-99(r438a), all where successful
    no need to change from the mineral oil and little or no noticeable loss of capacity although the guide says 15 % on average, we did not notice any ill effect on capacity, this is a blend of course so charging rules apply.

I hit the option to talk to the local store.

Retrofitting chillers with R-22

Thank you Trama for the r438a tip, no leaks yet but as one appears I will remember that. Are the pressures running the same, did I understand you to say, maybe a drop in capacity?

How elaborate it is to retroffit from R22 to another refrigerant? what is the process of retroffiting other than changing fittings.?