+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ak900 questions

Post Likes

ak900 questions

I am very happy with my ak900 and the mods I have done. Do you guys zero the pressures before everytime you use it. Anyone that has the clamps do you use them on 3/8" lines. thanks

Post Likes
    I make sure the the hoses are clear & zero it before connecting to system. I have used the clamps on 3/8. Looking through your site glass on the manifold do both sides look the same? Like as in the brass? .. Mine looks like it's cracked

Post Likes
    I dont see anything that looks cracked. I am not sure abut the 3/8 line thing. It just didnt seem to make contact correctly. I had a water source unit that somebody overcharged to 52 degrees subcooling. It was sweet having subcooling real time while I was removing charge into recovery bottle.

Post Likes
    Mine make great contact on 3/8 .. It's 1/4 I'm uncertain about & haven't used my digitals on small stuff yet. here's a pic of my manifold with the brass that appears cracked or flaking off

Post Likes
    Can't really see what your saying but looks like its anodized aluminum and not brass. Is it leaking gas?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Oh dang .. Well brass in color ..... That picture doesn't show it well enough i guess .. It doesn't leak gas

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I make sure the the hoses are clear & zero it before connecting to system. I have used the clamps on 3/8. Looking through your site glass on the manifold do both sides look the same? Like as in the brass? .. Mine looks like it's cracked
    How do you zero the gauges?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by targetman

How do you zero the gauges?
    By pressing the 'zero' button.

Post Likes

Hmm

Have used my AK900s on a couple of jobs since receiving them. Have had them hanging in the truck. Yesterday pulled them out to hook up to a pkg. Heat pump, and noticed the screen seemed to have an area that was "fogged." Found a piece of clear plastic was on the screen, like a peel off protector, removed the protector, but the foggy streak is still on the screen. Did I screw up by not removing that protector film when I first received the gauge? Guess I'll live with it for now, doesn't seem to have affected performance, as long as it doesn't cause the screen to be unreadable.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Id contact whoever sold it to you. It might only get worse & that would suck if it's past warranty when it becomes an issue. I've had a few issues that i guess weren't a big deal but the screen, i.m.o is serious

Post Likes
    I bought it from Doug and Brenda, so expect no problems getting it repaired.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Mine did same thing with fog, it went away i left screen on also.

Post Likes
    Huh! Went out to the van today to take a pic, and the screen was clear,,,,no fog. Cool!

Post Likes
    You can take it apart and clean the glass. Just as if you're changing the battery.

Has anyone had issues with the low side consistently reading .5 inches off?
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Does anyone else have concerns about using low loss hoses on your guages because of zeroing issues?

Post Likes
    My ak900 reads .6 HG on the low side when not hooked up to anything...is this normal or should I get it calibrated?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    My ak900 reads .6 HG on the low side when not hooked up to anything...is this normal or should I get it calibrated?
    Press Zero.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Does anyone else have concerns about using low loss hoses on your guages because of zeroing issues?
    I use YJ ball valves on my hoses.
    The low loss should not be a problem as long as you remember to release any pressure in your hoses before zeroing the DRSA.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by a\c don View Post
    I use YJ ball valves on my hoses.
    The low loss should not be a problem as long as you remember to release any pressure in your hoses before zeroing the DRSA.
    Don't want to violate EPA regualtion venting reffer into the atmosphere. Thats why i had those hoses, but according to the epa they are mandatory.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Don't want to violate EPA regualtion venting reffer into the atmosphere. Thats why i had those hoses, but according to the epa they are mandatory.
    A ball valve hose end qualifies as a low-loss fitting.

The whole low-loss thing is a joke, anyway. You're going to have to vent that residual refrigerant sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in