Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Ever notice how so many of the great guitarists have fingers like ET? A few notable exceptions like Gilmour who laughs at his sausage fingers. Clapton's finger nail beds are soooo far back its gross.

Ok, we can all go on forever with our favorite guitarists but who is willing to call out a famous guitarists who they feel is overrated? I've already committed a rock sacrilege by saying Jimi Hendrix was sloppy. Come on boys, take your best shots. Must give some reason why. Boring play, boring tone, lack of imagination, sloppy, can't play arpeggios--whatever. I have a few big dogs in mind but I'll wait to see what ya'll come up with.
    Jimmy Page. Sloppy as a Texas summer day is long. He can write a decent hook though.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    And must finish with this.
    The all time number one rock classic.
    Not even close.

Chucky should be the beginning and end. This, is the classic you should be looking at, not Led Zep.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

And the lighter side of Chucky.

It would of been great to see him in concert, looks like a great entertainer.

Don't forget this guy!

Sent from my iPad

And let's not forget the Diddly.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    And the lighter side of Chucky.

It would of been great to see him in concert, looks like a great entertainer.
    I recall playing Pop-Warner Football....American style football. When we won a game we would go to Shakey's Pizza and play that song on the player piano and the whole team would sing to it. We must have driven the patrons out. I remember only having a vague knowledge of what he was saying. Ahh, the innocence.

And these guys
    Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post

Don't forget this guy!

Sent from my iPad
    Carlos is one of those hit and miss guy's, IMHO. For the most part, he miss's with me.

How about CCR. Those guy were gold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I recall playing Pop-Warner Football....American style football. When we won a game we would go to Shakey's Pizza and play that song on the player piano and the whole team would sing to it. We must have driven the patrons out. I remember only having a vague knowledge of what he was saying. Ahh, the innocence.
    Ah yes the innocence, I was only a young fellow when I saw on TOP of the POPs, in the UK, I remember it made my mum smile (which was rare for her at that time in her life) , only a few years later did understand why the smile.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Ever notice how so many of the great guitarists have fingers like ET? A few notable exceptions like Gilmour who laughs at his sausage fingers. Clapton's finger nail beds are soooo far back its gross.

Ok, we can all go on forever with our favorite guitarists but who is willing to call out a famous guitarists who they feel is overrated? I've already committed a rock sacrilege by saying Jimi Hendrix was sloppy. Come on boys, take your best shots. Must give some reason why. Boring play, boring tone, lack of imagination, sloppy, can't play arpeggios--whatever. I have a few big dogs in mind but I'll wait to see what ya'll come up with.
    I just couldn't stay away , at least I can stay out of trouble here , lol.

I'm thinking Slash ( GNR ) ,but at the same time he doesn't care at least. There are many that fit this and most could care less.

ET fingers = Paul Gilbert and he looks like the guy on a show my daughter watches , lol. I'd love to hang out and talk to Paul but I'll bet that he does not drink. A hero of mine for 25 years for sure.

That is a BEAST to play on bass , and damn I don't play enough anymore to keep the required hand strength.

Yea,ccr
    Sent from my iPad

big band / swing era, and older country music 50s thru 80s
    Saddle Up!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast