+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taylor soft serve machine motor

Post Likes

Taylor soft serve machine motor

I bought a Taylor Soft serve machine on April 30th 2009. Serial # K8125242, Model #C713-27. I do not operate 12 months of the year, so the machine has been in use for a total of 23 months. A month ago I had to have the motor replaced on the right hand side of the machine. The motor cost $ and the labor . Apparently the warranty on the motor is only for two years. The fact that the machine has not been in use for 24 months has no sway with Taylor. I paid all of the labor and half the cost of the motor which I think was more than fair. I am now being told that I have to pay for the full cost of the motor as Tayor will not budge on the fact that I have had the machine for barely three years.
    In your experience is it normal to have to replace the major part of a $ piece of equipment so soon. Previously I had two Taylor machines which were 30 years old and had to replace the motor in those. I expected to have to do that, but not with a three year old machine.
    Last edited by Stamas; 05-03-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Removed pricing

Post Likes
    The only motors I've replaced on these machines didn't fail, they were killed. The repair should include finding out what happened to the motor.
    And please don't put prices in your posts.

Post Likes
    What do you mean, "they were killed" and why can't I put prices in my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    The only motors I've replaced on these machines didn't fail, they were killed. The repair should include finding out what happened to the motor.
    And please don't put prices in your posts.

Post Likes
    No mention of what caused the failure or even which motor did fail sounds like more complaint than request.

Post Likes
    I mean there's a lot of ways to damage the motor. Like if you have a compressor die, part of the repair should be finding out why.
    And we don't allow pricing in these areas, see the rules.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

Taylor makes a very good piece of equipment and you seem to be a customer. As a customer it is your responsibility to read and understand any warranty at the time of purchase. The statement (I only use it part of the year.) carries no weight what so ever. The time limit of any warranty on any piece of merchandise starts at purchase and continues 24 hours a day until the time stated in the warranty expires. Some warranties as in a car warranty have other limits such as mileage as well as time. Personally I've not heard of a warranty based on hours of use or there would be a time used counter installed on the machine.The bottom line is quit crying and pay the piper. Having seen the horrible condition these machines operate in IE spilled product on the drive motors, and condenser coils that don't get cleaned up I agree with the poster about killed parts.

Post Likes
    Wow, what a friendly bunch of people!

Post Likes
    Thanx for the compliment

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in