York YT Fault code Ive never experienced

First off, ive visited this site for years to get some excellent troubleshooting ideas for various problems but never really had anything that I needed to get a membership for to ask a specific question. I've been in the industry for 16 years and just about seen everything under the sun. However, I have a York Centrifugal that threw me a curve ball yesterday and a fault code I've never seen. It says ........"LCSSS Run Signal" The book has this remedy.....

"The Liquid Cooled Solid State Starter receives two start signals from the Control Center simultaneously; one via the serial communications link and one via the startrelay TB6-24 in the Control Center. If they are not received within 5 seconds of one another, a cycling shut-down is performed and this message is displayed. Thisis generally indicative of defective wiring."

I've checked my wiring on TB6-24 and found no problems. I know that the communication link is supposed to give a signal every 2 seconds after the chiller starts but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look for or where to start? anyone ever had this issue?

Did you check wire 24 in the LCSSS panel? Give the chiller a start command and check the voltage at the termination in the LCSSS.

I'm about to head back over to the job after I finish this one. I'll start at wire 24. Do you happene to know what voltage I'm lookin for after a give the machine a start command and if I not getting it, is it the board that's the problem?

The voltage on wire #24 is 120VAC. If you don't get the voltage over at the LCSSS then check the 24-25 jumper in the control panel. When the chiller is trying to give the "run" signal it's actually coming out of terminal 25. There should be a horseshoe jumper between 24 and 25 on TB6. If that jumper isn't there, you'll never get the signal to the LCSSS.

Ok....... I don't have 120v on 24 in the Starter. The jumper is in place but I don't have power going to those terminals fro the relay that's on the board. Its a clear plastic relay and I believe it's K18. It has some discoloration like it may have arched. Now I'm trying to figure out if the relay is working r not. I can't tell if it's getting power an making or not. Dang Anti-recycle, lol. What tells that relay to make? Btw.....thanks for all your help so far. I feel like I'm getting somewhere finally.

This is a single line panel you can jumper J51 to override the anti-recycle timer. MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE JUMPER WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED! Move the jumper from J50 (if present) to J51.

Now I'm going to be honest. If you didn't know about that jumper I question if you are familiar enough with this chiller (and control panel) to be troubleshooting it. Just sayin'.

The 5 amp control fuse energizes the R1(Run) relay.....However...The power thru the contacts that go to the starter comes from the 20 amp fuse that also feeds the oil heater. Many.......many of those 20amp fuseholders have burnt out giving the same problem you described...
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Sorry I'm just now responding. The 20 amp fuse was good but the fuse holder somehow opened up. Something so simple can be overlooked. Thank you for all your help!! You know your York's lol. Seriously. Thank you. I need your personal number, lol.

I win a cookie!!!!!!!I win a cookie!!!!!
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..