Hybrid View

FHP geo and house water from well

I have been running ths fhp for a long time. Wanted to get off the city water and to well water for the house. How can I hook up this thing to where the well pump turns on when the ac is on and when house water is needed. I have a 40 gallon bladder tank, Open loop system. Thanks in advance. Are there any diagrams on any manufactures sites?

You should hook it up like any other well system is done. Make sure you have a pump installed that is large enough to handle the HP and the house water when needed. A pressure switch will bring on the well pump like any other domestic well system.
    You should hire a professional to do this because you can waste a lot of money trying to save a buck.

I would also add a throttling valve on the outgoing side of the coil and a pressure reducing valve on the incoming. GSHP can run at very low pressures compared to domestic needs, and a GSHP that operates at domestic pressures is prone to water hammer and water noise.
    Eric

I am wondering how the well pump knows when to shut off. I have the pressure switch on the pump motor with the bladder tank. The house water is working perfect on the well tank and pump. Open a valve and the water runs and pump turns off when tank pressure is full.
    The water should be pushed out through the sprinklers on the lawn. They are open always. Well pump won't turn off unless Ii throw the breaker when I turn on the AC. Is there some kind of index valve I can wire in somwhere to the sprinker piping.

I am wondering how to get the water to turn off when the ac is up to tempurture on the stat. I have the bladder tank running good to the house water pressure and turns on and off the well motor when needed. I have the sprinklers open and the well won't turn off when running the AC. Is there some kind of index valve I can hook the open sprinklers with some electric switch to shut them so the well pump turns off When the ac is up to temp.

All sources of water distribution need/require a control of some type. That seems to be what you are missing here. A simple solenoid valve from the big blue or orange store will prolly solve all your issues, short of the control wiring which will require an irrigation control box for the yard and a t-stat for the geo. A faucet left open will run untill someone turns it off....
    Eric

I picked up a 1 inch solenoid closed valve with solenoid that opens on 24 volts. Any suggestions on where to hook the power too?

Is your geothermal coil capable of handling the water from the well? In many well applications/open loop we would recomend a cupro nickel coil instead of the standard copper which can corrode in many types of well/non treated water. So just remember that when switching from city to well water there is a possibilty of your heat exchanger failing.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Not sure if it's cuprio or not but it's been on well water for 20 years.I'f it fails, I have a back up system ready to install. I am switching the house water only from city to well water.

It should be o,pened when the geo kicks on and will automatically close when the system shuts down.

You may be interested in looking into your current system for upgrades too. Standard pumps and tank on geothermal open loop systems take a major strain due to short cycling if not set up for open loop system when installed.