Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: obama

So, what was wrong with post 140?

Bush tax cuts were DEMAND side policy.

Ok, back to the brainiac economics discussion.

Thought I'd trap Netsalt with it but then no one got it.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    So, what was wrong with post 140?

Bush tax cuts were DEMAND side policy.

Ok, back to the brainiac economics discussion.

Thought I'd trap Netsalt with it but then no one got it.
    Actually I was going to say we were discussing successful ECONOMIC policy not successful political policy which is what the Bush tax cuts were.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Actually I was going to say we were discussing successful ECONOMIC policy not successful political policy which is what the Bush tax cuts were.
    Pure unadulterated spin.

In your opinion.

Fact. The Bush tax cuts put alot of money in the top 10%.
    Fact. The tax cut on Capital Gains was supposed to spur investment thereby creating jobs
    Fact. Job growth under the leadership of GWB was pathetic
    Fact, Not spin, the results of this tax cut favored the well heeled (his base) and did nothing for the job market.

The same hymn is being sung now. Give more tax cuts for the job creators and all will be well. When is enough enough, they got the tax cuts, where are the jobs. No more excuses, I will sign up for the program if it works but it hasn't and won't. Corporations are sitting on a ton of cash as are the most wealthy and all we hear are excuses concerning jobs. If it works - it works if it doesn't obviously another method should be tried.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Fact. The tax cut on Capital Gains was supposed to spur investment thereby creating jobs
    Fact, Not spin, the results of this tax cut favored the well heeled (his base) and did nothing for the job market.

The same hymn is being sung now. Give more tax cuts for the job creators and all will be well. When is enough enough, they got the tax cuts, where are the jobs. No more excuses, I will sign up for the program if it works but it hasn't and won't. Corporations are sitting on a ton of cash as are the most wealthy and all we hear are excuses concerning jobs. If it works - it works if it doesn't obviously another method should be tried.

Corporations are holding on to their reserves for a reason. It might have something to di with the eat the rich anti corporate mantra coming out of Washington.

Whats your alternative to putting the money back in the private sector ? Giving it to Washington for re distrubirion to potential voters sisnt working too well.

If they were as such, why were they renewed on Obama's watch?

FACT: GWB job growth as a monthly average has outperformed Obama so far.

Your facts ARE spin. Pure and simple.

Try using google. Might help your sorry view of what a fact is.

Yes the Google is your friend.

Typical spinster.

I state things in terms of a monthly average, and in an attempt to misdirect, what I said was not addressed but rather a post taking a new path.

Nice job, spin boy.

Got a graph on the average?

Yes the Google is your friend.
    Now let's tell the whole story...

Incidentally, the US has now generated 3 million jobs since the trough of the recession in September 2010, until which point it had previously lost 8 million. Unfortunately, since the real labor force has grown by 4.6 million over the same period, or at the conventionally accepeted 90,000 labor pool entrants per month for 51 months, despite what the BLS may say, because America is after all growing, this means that the Obama administration has created a negative 1.6 million jobs net of demographics, which in turn have cost the US a modest $5.1 trillion in new debt, or an even modest $3.1 million in debt for every job lost.

Pardon me while I squash the antics of a spinster who has a hard time dealing with facts or even realizing what a fact actually is.

http://mollysmiddleamerica.********....than-bush.html

http://jerrykhachoyan.com/job-creati...ly-been-solid/

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/ar...ins-in-a-rout/

I have a couple a google pages more if those won't do.

Bush took office and there were approximately111,600,000 people employed in the private sector. At the end of his first term in 2004 there were only approximately110,600,000 a loss of about 1,000,000 jobs. Averages would be convenient way of making a bad situation look reasonable. Fact is at the end of each term the Shrub served the job numbers were worse than when he started. No graph needed the results are clear the cuts did not increase the number of jobs in either of the Bush terms.

Bush took office and there were approximately111,600,000 people employed in the private sector. At the end of his first term in 2004 there were only approximately110,600,000 a loss of about 1,000,000 jobs. Averages would be convenient way of making a bad situation look reasonable. Fact is at the end of each term the Shrub served the job numbers were worse than when he started. No graph needed the results are clear the cuts did not increase the number of jobs in either of the Bush terms.
    Ok, so we have facts and you have spin.

Fine, just so we know what you're about on the field of debate.

Further, your post did not address my statement in a clear tactic of avoidance.

So it is not a fact that at the end of each Bush term there were fewer private sector jobs? I like that Molly from the first link!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819 LastLast