Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: obama

Hybrid View

obama

I hate to say it but it is starting look like 4 more years of Obamanismn as Romney does not seem to have what is needed to defeat Obama

Its too early to proclaim Romney the winner. Its IS unreal that people are this blinded and to accept 4 more years of Obama.

All hyperbole aside all they have to do is take a honest look at the state of our economy. At our National Debt that growing at an alarming rate.

The guy with the least amount of experience got elected to the highest office in the land because people bought into the platitudes and media love affair.

like the debt is obamas fault, yeah right.
    our country went into debt under reagan, it was his presidency where we became a country who was owed money to a country that owed.
    no repub has ever cut the gov spending, bush took it to new limits with two unfunded wars and other poor decisions.
    considering what obama walked into he is doing pretty well.
    economy picking up, more jobs, ending wars and finally fighting for the middle class over rich corporations and the wealthy who get richer and more powerful even during bad economic times.
    I think more and more people are finally realizing that.
    watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbQe...ature=youtu.be
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I find it amazing that people want to go back to the failed policies of "trickle down" (or as the cons prefer "supply side") economics. We had Voodoo economics under Ronzo and nothing has changed in the R's playbook. Unfunded wars, tax cuts and programs that were paid for with IOU's. The people that are buying into this stuff believe they are being fiscally responsible by cutting social programs to pay for the comforts of the top 1%. The fact is it didn't work before and won't work now. At least the D's admit we need to increase taxes to pay for the mess both parties have created while Romney sticks his fingers in his ears and says "La, La, La - I cant hear you".
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    our country went into debt under reagan, it was his presidency where we became a country who was owed money to a country that owed.
    no repub has ever cut the gov spending, bush took it to new limits with two unfunded wars and other poor decisions.
    economy picking up, more jobs, ending wars and finally fighting for the middle class over rich corporations and the wealthy who get richer and more powerful even during bad economic times.
    watch this

I love it when people twist the facts. Here's what really happened;

We were already running a deficit when Reagan came into office, and the economy was in a mess. Reagan correctly proposed that we cut taxes to stimulate the economy (which worked), and he knew that there would have to be some money spent on defense because his predecessors had ran the military down and allowed equipment/weaponry to become dated and fall into disrepair.

So he did what a good administrator does, meet with his "board" and work out a plan to try and address all objectives. He sat down with Tip O'Neil (D) and got an agreement from him for both tax cuts and spending reductions. Specifically, Tip promised $3 of spending cuts for every $1 or tax cuts.

Sounds good, right? Except that congress (that would be a Democratic controlled congress) didn't keep their end of the bargain when it came to spending cuts. In fact, spending grew, rampantly. Admittedly, Reagan did end up signing those budgets, so he shared some responsibility. He did pitch a fit and even shut the government down if I recall, but in the end the Dems won the propaganda war and Reagan caved.

Fact is, tax revenues almost doubled in Reagan's 8 years. Trickle down worked; it put money back into the economy, created jobs, spurred venture capital investment. The near doubling of tax revenues on the back of a recession proves that. The real problem was the same as it is now...congress spends insane amounts of money without regard to our future or who will pay it back. They squander our tax dollars for political power and gain.

You were quick to try and shift the blame to Republicans when Obama was blamed for the current debt and deficits. I'm not here to defend the Republicans, they suck too. But Obama and the Dems are absolutely responsible for DOUBLING our debt in less than 3 years, and the facts show that nothing of substance came from all this money we spent on the Democrats grand social experiment (that has been tried before and failed every time, I might add).

wealthy who get richer and more powerful even during bad economic times.
    Ironically, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer under the policies of this administration, and the mess mostly created by the mortgage meddling policies of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd. Millions of homes lost by the middle and lower class, and people with money are picking them up for a song so they can sell them at a profit in a few years and get richer. The Dem's policies are shrinking the middle class, and both the rich and poor are growing. To be fair, the Republicans didn't fix the causes of this mess when they had the chance.

So again, Dice, you've spewed partisan propaganda and left out the facts that matter. Both parties are sorry these days, I'm not defending either. But this is Obama's economy now. He promised he would fix it in 3 years or he would not deserve re-election. He hasn't fixed it, it's worse than what he first inherited and still very bad. For all the trillions of our tax dollars he and congress threw away, the economy is no better. Obama is responsible, and he has not earned re-election.

Obama enacted the largest piece of "trickle down" legislation ever conceived with his stimulus plan.

So much for supply side myths like only one side does it. In fact, both sides have quite a long history of doing so.

This is not hidden information that you must work to get to.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Obama enacted the largest piece of "trickle down" legislation ever conceived with his stimulus plan.

So much for supply side myths like only one side does it. In fact, both sides have quite a long history of doing so.

This is not hidden information that you must work to get to.
    Oh but see...liberals are OK with "trickle down" so long as the government decides who gets the money, and that they can make sure they give it to labor unions, DNC contributors, likely (D) voters, etc.

But to actually allow tax payers to keep some of THEIR OWN money and decide for themselves where to spend it....NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Actually it was a piece of pure Keynesian economics. Public policy enacted to stimulate the economy. Which is precisely what happened.

Trickle down was a purely private sector response which has been a documented failure. See the appalling job losses produced by Bush trickle down policies.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    I love it when people twist the facts. Here's what really happened;

We were already running a deficit when Reagan came into office, and the economy was in a mess. Reagan correctly proposed that we cut taxes to stimulate the economy (which worked), and he knew that there would have to be some money spent on defense because his predecessors had ran the military down and allowed equipment/weaponry to become dated and fall into disrepair.

So he did what a good administrator does, meet with his "board" and work out a plan to try and address all objectives. He sat down with Tip O'Neil (D) and got an agreement from him for both tax cuts and spending reductions. Specifically, Tip promised $3 of spending cuts for every $1 or tax cuts.

Sounds good, right? Except that congress (that would be a Democratic controlled congress) didn't keep their end of the bargain when it came to spending cuts. In fact, spending grew, rampantly. Admittedly, Reagan did end up signing those budgets, so he shared some responsibility. He did pitch a fit and even shut the government down if I recall, but in the end the Dems won the propaganda war and Reagan caved.

Fact is, tax revenues almost doubled in Reagan's 8 years. Trickle down worked; it put money back into the economy, created jobs, spurred venture capital investment. The near doubling of tax revenues on the back of a recession proves that. The real problem was the same as it is now...congress spends insane amounts of money without regard to our future or who will pay it back. They squander our tax dollars for political power and gain.

You were quick to try and shift the blame to Republicans when Obama was blamed for the current debt and deficits. I'm not here to defend the Republicans, they suck too. But Obama and the Dems are absolutely responsible for DOUBLING our debt in less than 3 years, and the facts show that nothing of substance came from all this money we spent on the Democrats grand social experiment (that has been tried before and failed every time, I might add).

Ironically, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer under the policies of this administration, and the mess mostly created by the mortgage meddling policies of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd. Millions of homes lost by the middle and lower class, and people with money are picking them up for a song so they can sell them at a profit in a few years and get richer. The Dem's policies are shrinking the middle class, and both the rich and poor are growing. To be fair, the Republicans didn't fix the causes of this mess when they had the chance.

So again, Dice, you've spewed partisan propaganda and left out the facts that matter. Both parties are sorry these days, I'm not defending either. But this is Obama's economy now. He promised he would fix it in 3 years or he would not deserve re-election. He hasn't fixed it, it's worse than what he first inherited and still very bad. For all the trillions of our tax dollars he and congress threw away, the economy is no better. Obama is responsible, and he has not earned re-election.
    Great Post.

But when providing facts to some such as our Obama supporters on this thread, facts are meaningless to them. When confronted with the facts rebutting their emotional responses and rhetoric, they change the subject or start arguing louder. Isn't that the playbook?

Anyway, nice job. And maybe it at least will be read by some who have an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    watch this

Wow Obama and his class warfare rhetoric have really roped you guys in. First 5 trillion in new debt and what do we have to show for it ? A worsening economy ( read the latest bi-partisan CBO report ).

Whats our GDP output fir the last 4 years ? Unemployment is high and. would be double digit if over 2 million jobs had not dissappeared from the labor pool.

Hows the housing market doing after 4 years? Its getting worse with real inflation over 10 .They dont include food and energy cost any more in that calculation any more. Hmmmmm...

Gas has doubled not because the evil oil companies but because the dollar is becoming mire and more worthless as the demoxrats borrow and print our way into misery.

And all you have to offer is a you tube video. Nice.

Millions of gullible people bought into the plattitudes and elected the least quallifiedan running and the redt of us are sufffering for it. Thanx.

His Keyensian experiment has failed with trillions of dollars wasted.

He cant even run on his record. He has to manufacture a eat the rich concept as a distraction and you guys eat it up.

Lol....the Buffet rule. You guys understsnd hes fighting the IRS over a billion in taxes owed. Hypocrite. And that he pays less because its tax on dividends.

Funny liberals.

Whats o

Didn't expect to get the Kool-aid drinkers to change their mind but as you probably know only the rich and the brain washed peasants will vote for Romney this go around. I accept the fact that there are lots of people who will vote against their own best interests but since they are the most vocal the rest of us just have to put up with their blind faith in the rich trickling down on them.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Didn't expect to get the Kool-aid drinkers to change their mind but as you probably know only the rich and the brain washed peasants will vote for Romney this go around. I accept the fact that there are lots of people who will vote against their own best interests but since they are the most vocal the rest of us just have to put up with their blind faith in the rich trickling down on them.
    I guess you ignored all the facts in my post above. It's just easier for you to throw out terms like "kool aid drinkers" instead of rebutting facts and figures.

Frankly, I don't like Romney. But he's the only viable alternative to Obama, and Obama must go.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Have you taken a look at that CBO report yet ? The average GDP growth over the last
    4 years ? The drop in the dollar and the rise if precious metals ? There is a corellation your missing.

It doesn' t bother you that Obama's using and manufacturing class warfare because he cant run on his accomplishments ?

Can you name a Obama accomplishment ?
    The liberals I debate with like to bring up GM when pressed for accomplishments. Yes Obama takes care of his campaign contributors and campaign bundlers. GM still owes the American people 38 billion.

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast