Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Creek1-
    CPS makes a device called (drum roll here-) The Molecular Transformator. I kid you not-that's the name-COOL! Anyway, all it amounts to is basically a condenser. If you're doing a recovery with the Appion and find yourself stuck pulling vapor (and spending your youth doing it-especially with 410A), this doohickey allows you to connect into/out of the top of it, and when you submerge it into a bucket of cold water, will allow you to recover refrigerant A LOT quicker. It's not too bad price wise-and is very compact and sturdily built. (no, I don't work for CPS. But good luck getting them into an airport or secure building-they look menacing-but COOL.) Wait till you see 'em-they look like something Jason Bourne would pull out of a just-about-to-explode-thingy.
    You can actually make your own with a bucket and some copper tubing, with the same net effect-but they won't look COOL.
    Also, CPS has just come out with a recovery unit that actually LOOKS like a vacuum pump, with 3x the liquid recovery rate of the G5.
    All the Best-
    Will

I saw that adverised at a supply house here. Has anybody used it? I have on real hot days take a partial coil of 1/4 inch copper, flared each end and put it in a flat tub pour ice on it and that got me though several what seemed to be impssible reclaims. That "doohickey" I considered buying but then we hit winter and shelved the idea. Any thoughts on this product? Does it work with water or does it need ice also.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

http://http://www.cpsproducts.com/#/p-recovery-MT69/
    Here is the link for that thing. Good idea and compact. Does anyone know how much it costs. the PDF answered my question about ice. The water has to be changed when it gets warm DUH. The packagnig makes it look like it's magic.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Hate to talk pricing about anything-but by me the CPS transformator is around $125.00 or so, less tax.
    As far as function goes, it'll work all the better if you sink it in ice water, but just water alone will serve to condense the gas-and thus speed up your recovery.
    Again, I want one just cause it looks COOL. If it had lights on it and went "BEEEEP", I'd have already bought one...

Ckartson- your question was legit. If i i came across salty didnt mean to. Pulling out my old side job stuff isnt cutting it. Prioritizing in order im purchasing my equip. Im at the pump now. Just tez8 i cant see in my situation spending the money. Also never had it never miss it. Just seeing for example 5cfm pumps 2 stage 25 microns but prices can be 100% apart thats what i was wondering what i might be missing. Is yellow jacket or robin air just that much better of a pump? As an example.
    I have seen that cps do dad thingy. I could have used it here more than once on this system over the years. Squeezing into a 50lb cylinder knowing the freon was going right back in. Ive made more than 1 trip to the garden hose to cool my tank. Think you could make your own pretty easy after seeing them. Know thats not the intent but long enough for my repairs. Heard they had to make them because the cps recovery unit generates an unbelievable amount of heat. They had to do something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12