Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Did any of you sign up for the Hillsdale College series on the Constitution? There were two series, the same course that is taught at the college. If more of our youth took these courses we might have a chance at survival.

I hope they offer the series again....check it out.

http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/

Sounds interesting but I did not bother signing up since I already know the constitution quite well. I wish our congressmen and women would read it! Or, at least Nancy P.

I think there should be a civics exam in order to run for congress. An exam centered on the Bill Of Rights!
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Sounds interesting but I did not bother signing up since I already know the constitution quite well. I wish our congressmen and women would read it! Or, at least Nancy P.

I think there should be a civics exam in order to run for congress. An exam centered on the Bill Of Rights!
    It was a good series, both were. Just because I know how to diagnose a heat pump does not mean I wont go to a seminar on heat pumps. Just saying, there is always something to learn or dust off from the archives of our minds.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    It was a good series, both were. Just because I know how to diagnose a heat pump does not mean I wont go to a seminar on heat pumps. Just saying, there is always something to learn or dust off from the archives of our minds.
    I am with you and fully agree. I took an entire semester long university class on the constitution when I attended a police academy and have continued reading abstracts regarding the constitution over the years. So I think I kind of know a few things about it.

I wish our leaders knew as much. Most people have little idea of our founding fathers, the constitution and national history. Our public school system no longer teaches history in history classrooms. They teach political ideology of the left and study things like women and minorties of the past and how they were left out. Actual history and the constitution is not taught unless they want to tear at it.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    With this said do we sit here at our computers and complain that our local governments are failing or do we get up and do something about it? That to me is why our country is failing, not because of crooked government but because the people are too pleased by luxuries and entertainment AKA capitalism that we don't care or don't want to risk losing our stuff...because we have it good as long as there is a Mcdonalds and the ball game or reality show to come home to.
    Is Capitalism a dirty word to you?

Capitalism is a theory that works for the short term...
    Wrong. Capitalism works forever in a free society until Marxists want to overthrow it with Communism, just like they have all other times throughout history.

greed makes the world go round as innovation is bolstered in this economy...but what happens with capitalism?
    What is wrong with a business owner wanting to make money? Does he not have the right? The free market system, through its checks and balances, holds people back from being too greedy. Otherwise, they would not be competitive in their pricing, and would eventually fail.
    Inflation...and the more inflation you have the more currency you need, the more bills you print the less your currency is worth.
    Capitalism has nothing to do with inflation. Central banks destroying the value of money is a different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    The Second Amendment is not just about guns, it outlines your right of self defense.
    of course the Second Amendment doesn't actually SAY "self defense", so that's an open door for the modern legal vultures to change everything to mean, 'what ever the rich say, that's what you have to do'
    the founders of the nation were hoping the country would never become to stupit.
    The Second Amendment was written, because the Founders knew in order for a free society to maintain their Liberty from tyranny necessitates the citizens have the right to bear arms. The Founders just went through the Revolution, so this fact was at the top of their thoughts.

Key Point: The Founders did not use the word "guns". They used the word "arms". Why? A free society has the God given right to use anything to defend their God given Liberty.

The Founders knew over time other types of "arms" would be invented besides guns and cannons, so they wanted to cover all means of defense with the word "arms". They wanted the citizens to be more powerful than the limited government they designed.

And the limited government they designed, which has now become 50% of our GDP, has basically disarmed the citizenry with all of the unconstitutional gun laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12