Goodman CompCare Warranty - buy or not?

We ended up going with a 5 ton Goodman GSX130601BA. The packaging has an option to purchase CompCare for either 5 yrs or 10 yr extended warranty. We shouldn't need it, but it seems relatively inexpensive compared to the price of the compressor install if it fails. Any opinions from the professionals about working with the company that backs this warranty? Any opinions from homeowners about dealing with this warranty? I have a few more weeks to decide whether to purchase this or not and am looking for experiences and pros/cons. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lbo View Post
    We ended up going with a 5 ton Goodman GSX130601BA. The packaging has an option to purchase CompCare for either 5 yrs or 10 yr extended warranty. We shouldn't need it, but it seems relatively inexpensive compared to the price of the compressor install if it fails. Any opinions from the professionals about working with the company that backs this warranty? Any opinions from homeowners about dealing with this warranty? I have a few more weeks to decide whether to purchase this or not and am looking for experiences and pros/cons. Thanks in advance.
    Yes i would buy it and for 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Yes i would buy it and for 10 years
    Ditto. You will need it. Any type of repair on an air conditioner can be close to the cost of the warranty.

Meaning if 2 parts break, in 10 years, you basically got your money back and them some.
    I will, right now, promise that you will have 2 repairs in 10 years. It is what it is.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Make sure you are in a state that allows it. Read fine print on the back of compcare sheet.

HVAC Scrutiny

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted

as Homer Simpson would say..

.."extended warranty?! how can i go wrong!"
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Thanks for all the input! Think I'll go for the 10 yrs.