Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I realize that no one gets what they are actually worth but we all have budgets. Mine is $22 hr for an HVAC mechanic. We supply everything but hand tools. No weekend work and no overtime. Most jobs are in one building with a total of 4 buildings that we take care of.
    So tell , without all the sarcastic remarks please, What can I get for that rate?

Al
    ps job is in Manhattan NY

Only squirrels work for peanuts.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

If Manhattan NY is like The Boston area you will not find a good guy. You may find one that can fix some things but not a real mechanic. Have you looked into hiring a retired tech a few days a week? That may be an option if your money is tight.

22 bucks an hour in Manhattan is chump change. Oops, that was a sarcastic remark.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Ask a silly question...............well you know.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

what style equipment does the building run....midtown? westside? finacial district?is there a van involved having this job
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

$22/hr = 3rd yr apprentice.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

corporate budget bean counter way of counting

2 for me 1 for them 2 for me
    22 for me 1 for them 2 for me
    22 for me 1 for them 2 for me
    bonus for me none for them
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

I work up in syracuse have 3 years experience and I make close to that here working res. so for 22 down there you may not get much.

I don't know how you're going to get around the union muscle down in the city. Don't let some scab get caught without a card, they'll lynch 'em!

For 22$ in the city you should be able to get the guy that rides his bike to deliver your General Tso's chicken.

Thumbs down

you can get a dumb ass who has callbacks. offer more, get more. you get what you pay for.

Interesting topic tho. Now I know some guys will look at $22.00 and go dam, I think Im getting screwed lol. Guess it all depends on where you are.

I see ads all the time looking for techs for $12 - $17 doe. I get the impression they run the adds all the time to get anyone willing to work for that price...... or they never stay around.

It all depends on where you live and how many guys are looking for the same job.... just like most towns that have a school or vo-tech training in hvac, think most guys will have to move somewhere else after the schooling being too many natives take the classes and dont want to move and will work for less , just to stay there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast