Thread: FX20 Problem

FX20 Problem

I am having a problem with an FX20 that I have never seen before. I can log on when it is disconnected from the network but the minute I hook it up to the network the status light starts blinking constantly and it gets so busy that I can't log on until I disconnect it from the network. I tried changing the dns server and turning off the weather and time synch server but it still does the same thing. any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by #1servicetech View Post
    I am having a problem with an FX20 that I have never seen before. I can log on when it is disconnected from the network but the minute I hook it up to the network the status light starts blinking constantly and it gets so busy that I can't log on until I disconnect it from the network. I tried changing the dns server and turning off the weather and time synch server but it still does the same thing. any ideas anyone?
    Something is probably shorted on the network, disconnect the network a few controllers down line and try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    Something is probably shorted on the network, disconnect the network a few controllers down line and try it again.
    The controller is fine ( there is only 1 FX15 ) I am talking about the IP network.

Quote Originally Posted by #1servicetech View Post
    The controller is fine ( there is only 1 FX15 ) I am talking about the IP network.
    My bad, can you check out the platform output? It might give you some idea of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    My bad, can you check out the platform output? It might give you some idea of what is going on.
    Good idea. I will try that when I get back there. I had one a while ago that was very slow. it turned out to be the dns server. But I tried that with this one and it didn't help.