Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I graduate from HVAC/R on May 18th 2012. Once I passed my competency tests I went out there with my resume and filled out applications. I talked to CEO's and contractors and they would ask me questions about the trade. Examples of this would be "What is superheat?" I would reply it is the tempature above saturation for refrigerant and tell them how to get the calculations. I also was asked what subcooling is and afew electrical questions. Sale yourself to them and you will get hired on. I got hired on with a company and they wasn't even hiring because I impressed him so well, I start on the 21st of May. I basicly have the weekend after I graduate and I'm in the field.

It will be a rude awakening thats for sure. No experience in a trade where experience is everything. If your inclined mechanically and can think on your feet and patient you will be fine. Hope its a good ethical company.

Quote Originally Posted by BackwoodsNC View Post
    Ok guys and girls this is my last week of school(HVAC/R trade SCHOOL). I have been looking for a jobs in the hvac/r field and everything that i have seen requires experience. So how do I get around this? I have seen job postings that do not require experience just a CFC license but they are jobs at apartments and I really do not want to do that.

My background is repairing copiers and fax machines the last six years; so I have experience being unsupervised and getting things done.

I am thinking that if I don't find something I am just going to back to school and get a AAS in Industrial Systems Technology. I know some guys that got hired straight out of that program with no experience and making pretty decent money.
    where in nc do you live
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12