Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone ever work for Trane /ingersol Rand

I have seen quite a few job ads from this company lately. Anyone ever work for them? How was the experience?

Yes, I used to work for Trane just before Ingersol bought them.

I can say this. There are a lot of sharp people that work there, but some can be hard to get along with.

As the new guy, you'll be an outsider for sometime. The environment is somewhat political. There are many bosses to answer to, and there is a ton of paperwork.

If you have very little experiance, you will do fine. If you have quite a bit, it may be more difficult to see things there way.

I don't know about the Ingersol/hussman side of things, it may be quite different.

The benfits are good, and hours were plenty.

If you have the chance take it. Soak in as much as possible. Heavy chiller training is hard to come by. The location you are may be completly different then where I am.

By the way, I don't regret having worked for them and am better for it.

Yep, and still do. all the above is spot on. I have no plans on straying been a great place for me to work.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

I work for Hussmann which is now owned by CD/R. Things are not as good as they can be, I find that the management sees and wants things in a way that is very difficult. Even when we were with Trane it was the same way. I am glad I am in the van sometimes, It makes dealing with office staff so much easier.
    I find paperwork is fairly easy, most of it is electronic. The only actual paperwork we do is leak reports, supply house slips, and printouts from customers.
    Benefits are fairly cheap, and pay is fair.
    During the change of ownership, many Techs left which might be why there are openings. Plus its close to summer, and we NEVER decline service calls which makes us extremely busy.

I think I might of asked this once before in the past, but I'll ask again since I can't seem to remember. I was on their careers section a few times and noticed they had an "HVAC Technician Helper" position available. Their description of this position seems a little confusing. I've tried contacting them through their contact forms, facebook, and even an email I'm not sure where I got it from. I haven't heard back. Anyone have some contact info where they know for sure that I can get a hold of someone? I'd really love to learn more about this now that I'm starting school.

Here is the link:

http://careers.ingersollrand.com/job...da-job-2942646

Maybe one of you Trane guys can help me out with it. It seems more like warehouse work rather than actual HVAC work.

JigJoe

I think that may be a parts runner/helper position. At the field office I worked in, they mainly ran parts and tools to the jobs for the field service personnel.

You can parlay that gig into a full on service position. Trane also has a rental chiller portion of the business.

They do a lot of Nascar events (or used to) so they may let you fiddle with those a little.

They also use the rental chillers when major repairs or equipment replacements are required during the cooling season. Some applications will do without cooling but others such as process, hospitals, schools, etc.. can not.

But, yes I think it's a warehouse type job. But, it may be a good way to get a foot in the door.

I see some of the service position require 5 years experience but dont specify if they would consider resi. and light comm. as experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Acmaster111 View Post
    I have seen quite a few job ads from this company lately. Anyone ever work for them? How was the experience?
    What state are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Yep, and still do. all the above is spot on. I have no plans on straying been a great place for me to work.
    Hi I was wondering what do you work on? Chillers and what else?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Is Trane Building Services a Union shop in NC?

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I think that may be a parts runner/helper position. At the field office I worked in, they mainly ran parts and tools to the jobs for the field service personnel.

You can parlay that gig into a full on service position. Trane also has a rental chiller portion of the business.

They do a lot of Nascar events (or used to) so they may let you fiddle with those a little.

They also use the rental chillers when major repairs or equipment replacements are required during the cooling season. Some applications will do without cooling but others such as process, hospitals, schools, etc.. can not.

But, yes I think it's a warehouse type job. But, it may be a good way to get a foot in the door.
    Thanks for the info. I got a response back from using the contact form I filled out. They told me there is no other information they can give me on that job other than what was posted. Its kind of weird but, I'm going to refine my resume and just apply to it in hopes of talking with someone in person. If its like you said (leading to bigger opportunities), than I think that would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    I see some of the service position require 5 years experience but dont specify if they would consider resi. and light comm. as experience?
    Yes they will call that experience. Almost nobody starts in this trade as a chiller mechanic. That usually comes later.

I wouldn't get to held up on experience requirements for any job. The worst they can say is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    Thanks for the info. I got a response back from using the contact form I filled out. They told me there is no other information they can give me on that job other than what was posted. Its kind of weird but, I'm going to refine my resume and just apply to it in hopes of talking with someone in person. If its like you said (leading to bigger opportunities), than I think that would be perfect.
    Trane is a huge company. The people that post adds are in the HR dept. and have no real idea on what a job entails. You will find out during the interview process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast