Thread: Condensation/moisture around condenser unit

Post Likes
    Today I noticed a lot of moisture around one of the condenser units outside my home. The other one showed a lot less (but also ran for a shorter time prior to this). Is this expected? I don't remember ever noticing any condensation at my old house. Here, the water is literally running off the foundation of the unit.
    The water does not come out of the condensation line from the unit in the house - that's at another location, and it is not quite as wet there.

Post Likes
    I could look down inside my Carrier unit,and the top half of the compressor would be sweating - but that's normal; the suction line feeds into one side, which makes it colder [than the dewpoint] outside, thus the condensation.

Post Likes
    Some water is fine. Frost (looks like snow) is not.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by cdonner
    Today Here, the water is literally running off the foundation of the unit.
    that is not right. when did you last have this looked at?

water "literally running" is not normal. some dripping, sure.

may be a good time to have it looked at and serviced for maximum efficiency.

Post Likes
    It could be normal, or it could be an indication of other problems.

When was the last time you had your systems checked? It would probably be a good idea to get them check out, and not by one of those "1 million point service check for $39" ripoff companies.

Post Likes
    Where is the exact location (on the condenser itself) of the water dripping?

Post Likes
    I noticed the same thing my goodman condenser unit, not a lot of water but visable water around the unit. This was just installed.

any advice

Post Likes
    excessive water is 1 of several things , dirty filter or evap coil or both, over charged system, dirty outside condensor , low air flow , make sure a vent are open . Call a good TECH

Post Likes
    Condensation/water at the outside unit is normal when it's humid outside. This condensation should stop at the compressor entry point. Any amount more than this is an indication of what was said above about low air flow problems or an overcharged system. Get it checked out before you loose the compressor due to damage.

Post Likes

Less than a year old

The house is less than a year old and still under the builder's warranty. I am having the installer come to fix another more urgent problem (see http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....readid=107955) and I will ask them about this as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in