I would appreciate any advice/info from the HVAC pros. I have a trane heat pump and matching air handler that is about 2 1/2 years old. Condensation is dripping from the outside of the air handler where the small refrigerant line enters. It is also dripping on top of the air filter inside the handler.

I've got a 10 year parts and labor warranty from Trane. However when I called the installer they seemed confident that the Trane warranty would not apply and recited the fees for coming out, diagnosis, repair etc. I scheduled an appt but I don't understand why the Trane warranty wouldn't cover any problems. If the installer is correct and the warranty does not apply does this sound like something that could be a major production. Thanks.

This sounds like it is probably a maintenace problem, not a unit problem. Therefore the Trane warranty will not apply. It could be many things, but most likely a stopped up drain line. You really should have the unit checked and serviced each year. Have you changed the filter lately?
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Thank you, and yes I have an electronic air cleaner and change the filters on a regular basis. It was snapping like crazy because of the water drip so I disconnected from the electrical outlet.

trane condensation leak - follow up

Tech was out a few days ago and indicated problem had nothing to do with draining, maintenance, etc. He said refrigerant was at 50% of what it should be. This is the second time since the unit was installed two years ago that refrigerant has been added. He tightened the small refrigerant line nut where the line enters the air handler.

There is now condensation runoff from the front of the heat pump platform (platform is at 25% slope). The runoff has been continous since installation except, I guess, when the freon was low. Is this normal, or should I suspect the possibility that there is a leak in the compressor assembly ?