Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 41

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304

    Cold Oil RTA 1104X....

    Ckt B oil temp 113
    Cond Sat Temp 105

    Currently running but fault is intermitant with perpetual lower than normal oil temps. Replaced sat suction and suction temp sensors and oil sensor AND condensing sat sensor while repairing a leak at the fitting.

    245/68 OAT 78 degrees.

    Fan operation ok with moderately dirty coils. Cleaning later this week but dont think its relevant anyway


    Have 3 clone machines on the same roof.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    " Sure buddy ! Here at Hvac-Talk we relish the chance to assist new members in their daily troubleshooting endeavors and by no means use some arbitrary post count scale as a litmus to gauge the technical aptitude of complete strangers. You can count on us for friendly objective input and know that when we attempt to answer your questions it will be with out condescension and impertinence. "

    Not to broad brush but after reading through more than a few post and seeing the way new members are treated I realize this forum isn't for me. I thought it might be interesting to chat with like minded individuals on a vocational level but quickly realized that the one ever present truth of online forums hasn't escaped this group of people.

    That unfortunately anonymity breeds courage. ( It should be this forums creed )

    Ironic that there is nothing courageous about being a dick to someone over the internet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    " Sure buddy ! Here at Hvac-Talk we relish the chance to assist new members in their daily troubleshooting endeavors and by no means use some arbitrary post count scale as a litmus to gauge the technical aptitude of complete strangers. You can count on us for friendly objective input and know that when we attempt to answer your questions it will be with out condescension and impertinence. "

    Not to broad brush but after reading through more than a few post and seeing the way new members are treated I realize this forum isn't for me. I thought it might be interesting to chat with like minded individuals on a vocational level but quickly realized that the one ever present truth of online forums hasn't escaped this group of people.

    That unfortunately anonymity breeds courage. ( It should be this forums creed )

    Ironic that there is nothing courageous about being a dick to someone over the internet.
    and this is going to help? life isn't perfect and neither is this forum or anybody on it (including you and me)...you didn't get any help out the real world did you? have i ever bashed you? have i ever bashed anyone that didn't start it? well, there was 1 who probably didn't desrve it...i was tired...i still feel bad about giving that guy a hard time...it was about gas heat and intellipaks...anyway, i was going to help, but i think you already have your mind made up...if i am going to be called a dick, then i might as well act like one.

    sorry that i didn't answer fast enough, given that i get paid during the day to repair problems like this and then i come home and do it for free at night. my daughter had a vocal concert tonight and i thought that she might be a touch more important than helping you for free and missing it.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tidewater, va
    Posts
    2,147
    could the exv be flooding? Had one last summer that appeared to be an exv just stuck open, and this was causing low oil temp trips

    r404a

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    and this is going to help? life isn't perfect and neither is this forum or anybody on it (including you and me)...you didn't get any help out the real world did you? have i ever bashed you? have i ever bashed anyone that didn't start it? well, there was 1 who probably didn't desrve it...i was tired...i still feel bad about giving that guy a hard time...it was about gas heat and intellipaks...anyway, i was going to help, but i think you already have your mind made up...if i am going to be called a dick, then i might as well act like one.

    sorry that i didn't answer fast enough, given that i get paid during the day to repair problems like this and then i come home and do it for free at night. my daughter had a vocal concert tonight and i thought that she might be a touch more important than helping you for free and missing it.
    Its not about the lack of help. I'll get to the bottom of my cold oil issue with or with out the input of people on this forum. Iv'e been doing this 20 years and I haven't been stumped yet.



    After reading through several threads and post I definitely soured on this place. People come here for answers when, most likely, their at their limit. The posters that patronize these people or like to pretend that their time is too valuable do it at the expense of people that are just looking for advice.

    Like I said, anonymity breeds courage but sitting behind a keyboard and talking down to people is anything but courageous, It's chicken ****.

    Anyway who cares because when it comes down to it it's just a forum. Ill poke around a bit longer maybe. Its an interesting place and I didn't mean to generalize.

    Im sure their are helpful people here too.

    Also I would appreciate if you DIDN'T offer up any advice on this subject. I never asked you personally for your input. Is the name "Jayguy" in my second post ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    ...Also I would appreciate if you DIDN'T offer up any advice on this subject. I never asked you personally for your input. Is the name "Jayguy" in my second post ?
    advice taken dickhead...that was not broad brushed...sorry about not living next door to you so that I could say it in person...good luck on your problem. I am sure that you will get it figured out...why were you on here again?
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,725
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    advice taken dickhead...that was not broad brushed...sorry about not living next door to you so that I could say it in person...good luck on your problem. I am sure that you will get it figured out...why were you on here again?
    Don't worry too much about it Jay if I have Trane issued I would rather deal with you than the " Canadian Crusher".
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    advice taken dickhead...that was not broad brushed...sorry about not living next door to you so that I could say it in person...good luck on your problem. I am sure that you will get it figured out...why were you on here again?
    Lol.....Im sure the sun would continue to rise and fall with out the sage advice of the self appointed HVAC-TALK guru "sage guy".

    You took my post personally so Im guessing you gave some guy a hard time who was just looking for some advice ?

    That sounds like a personal problem and I'm sure if you lived next door to me you would be a lot nicer guy in person. I have that effect on people.

    I came here thinking someone might have experienced the same issue and also aside from the people that a equate post count on a obscure hvac forum to a status symbol it's a good source of information.

    My success doesn't depend on the input of internet technicians who are not even at the job site. I mean you see how ridiculous that is ?

    The golden rule should transcend face to face introductions. That's all I was saying.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,259

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Cut it out you guys



    thx
    i am sorry Dad. he just rubbed me the wrong way by asking for help and then bashing this site and all who are in it after being here for 2 days.

    i also appologize to those here who saw me this way. i don't take very kindly to those who critisize my friends.

    CT77...i wish you luck in your search for whatever it is you need.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,259
    Most new guys don't get it until they've been here a while. It's OK if they want to blow some steam but it takes two to tango. Blowing off steam is great, we just don't have to join the party so to speak. They are the ones that must be patient.

    If he wants to think all we do is sit at a coffee shop and wait on a question to answer then again that's OK. If he stays with us he will learn we take care of business first then come here to relax.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    (He)...Me after spending a considerable amount of time poking around threads concerning RTAs in general AFTER I made my initial post noticed a pattern. People for whatever reason having to contend with patronizing snarky comments by what seem to be a hand full of posters.

    What did they do to deserve that treatment ? They logged on to a public forum and asked a question.

    You guys want to deny that happens be my guest but I dont have much patience for it. Ive worked with a lot of guys in my time who had less experience and or knowledge and always gave them the minumum amount of respect and more just because we shared the same air.

    I dont see why a keyboard should change that. Looking back I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Having a big mouth is just one of my many faults. That and being a perennial smart ass.

    Jayguy you seem like a nice enough guy whos very knowledgable and I apologize for stirring you up. Looking forward to reading your replies and threads

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    ...but it takes two to tango....
    yeah, i know. sorry again. next pudding round is on me!
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event