+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electro Freeze factory service advice.

Post Likes
    Hello I have a 44 cab older model 1989 single flavor the modle I believe is SN232 it has the syrup dispenser on the left side facing the machine
    the unit is making quite a noise
    I have disconnected the reduction gear belts so I can try to find out where the loud noise is coming from
    it would appear to be the beater motor more of a rumble but motor spins very well
    once the beater cylinder is cooled the motor stops spinning
    is there a replacement whisper quiet motor available or do I need to simple get the one I have rebuilt of for that mater is this normal for the older units
    Thanks in advance
    Doug

Post Likes
    Sorry model number is 44 Cab BN-278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougjones View Post
    Hello I have a 44 cab older model 1989 single flavor the modle I believe is BN 278 it has the syrup dispenser on the left side facing the machine
    the unit is making quite a noise
    I have disconnected the reduction gear belts so I can try to find out where the loud noise is coming from
    it would appear to be the beater motor more of a rumble but motor spins very well
    once the beater cylinder is cooled the motor stops spinning
    is there a replacement whisper quiet motor available or do I need to simple get the one I have rebuilt of for that mater is this normal for the older units
    Thanks in advance
    Doug

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougjones View Post
    Sorry model number is 44 Cab BN-278
    How much current its pulling? and what is it rated to.

Post Likes
    Hello I am running it on a 230 volt system 20 amp breaker
    its rated for 208 volts
    I am losing a little current over all

Post Likes
    Also I should mention since this last post I have disconnected the beater motor voltage and the noise is gone. I am thinking an over haul of the motor is required bearing brushes etc.

Post Likes
    Hi there. What is your direct email?

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Sliceswest,

EFfactoryservice's email address is indicated in his profile.

Post Likes
    I have a Duke slush machine for dairy queen with model# 145-214. The machine suddenly acts as if it's not getting any power.
    There's no sound of anything trying to power up when the switch is turned on. Resetting the breaker still doesn't do anything.
    Someone is going to come and look at it soon, but any idea what could be causing this?

Post Likes
    This is the account for American Pacific Distribution. We are the distributor for Electro Freeze in California and Nevada. We also sell parts and service Electro Freeze machines. Visit our website for more information: www.apdsoftserve.com We would be happy to help you with your service questions.

Post Likes
    88t problem. When under heavy use product gets too cold that causes it to dispense very slowly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bcove View Post
    88t problem. When under heavy use product gets too cold that causes it to dispense very slowly.
    Hi bcove-

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem. What city and state are you located in? I will find you the appropriate party to speak with depending on your location.

Sincerely,
    Amanda Smith
    American Pacific Distribution

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EFfactoryservice View Post
    I would like to introduce myself and this seems like the logical place. I am a factory service representative for HC Duke/ Electro Freeze equipment. I will keep an eye on this board during normal business hours and try my best assist any questions on our equipment anyone may have. I will be the first to admit that I am no the most "seasoned" guy in our department but I do have access to those guys should I get stumped. I will stay out of "opinion" topics and not spend my time bashing our competition. So please if you have any questions on our equipment do not hesitate to send me an email
    are you still around? I want to buy an electrofreeze and would love to have support here on h talk. it is where I spend all my time. lol. I will check your profile for email. thanks. I am also interested in a technical class.

Post Likes
    Hi, My I have an Electro freeze machine 88T-RMT-132. The one side will not shut off while in "Day" I replaced the thermostat, did not fix the problem. I had a Tech come out from Tec24. Fixed the problem, said it was the "head pressure" Now the problem is back. Is adjusting the head pressure something I can do, if so how? Thank you for your time. I am also interested in a technical class if there still offered. my Email is

E-mail addresses not allowed in posts. You may put it in your profile.

Thanks,

Mod
    Last edited by Special-K; 09-23-2014 at 10:36 PM.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Hey Ray's,

For your privacy, please don't put your email address in the open forum. The BOTS will harvest it. The MODs will be deleting that shortly. Log in and put your email address into your profile under your BASIC INFORMATION.

If you need help from Electro Freeze and from the rep who started this thread - EFfactoryservice - then I suggest you get his email address from his profile and email him directly. However, I don't know if he's still active. He's not responded to anyone's questions in over two years.

Maybe someone else here can help you, but that may take a bit.

Another option is to follow AmPacificDist's instructions by going to the link in post #29 ^^above.

Post Likes
    I would like service manuals for EVERYTHING you guys make. Please and thank you. I've run out of manuals to read whilst I use the latrine.
    "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
    -Sherlock Holmes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumbard View Post
    I would like service manuals for EVERYTHING you guys make. Please and thank you. I've run out of manuals to read whilst I use the latrine.
    Have you gotten into any of Copeland's literature?

That's what I've been reading on the throne lately.

Post Likes
    Some of it. Hook a brother up.
    "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
    -Sherlock Holmes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumbard View Post
    I recently got a couple of Dan Holohan books - great reads. I've been spending my time in the water closet learning about the Lost Art of Steam Heat. Seems appropriate...

Post Likes
    I know this is an older thread but wondering if you're still out there and if you offer service manuals/factory training. I have a customer who called me this morning wanting service on and Elctro Freeze machine. I called the corporate number and was told that they do not provide service literature and that I could only attend training if approved by the local distributor who also provides service (which leads me to believe they're not going to approve me just because I ask nicely.)
    Training is a forever thing in a good technician’s life.

I sell knowledge in the form of hours.

Post Likes
    Can somebody tell me why my electro freeze unit won't freeze

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in