a light telling when the oven is on?

I have a standard small range in my restaurant that is lp with no power. the oven gets used only on Friday mornings to bake mac& cheese and then doesn't get used again till next Friday. I am having issues with the cooks forgetting to turn it off. this is the 4th week in a row it has run all day and twice I have found it the next day. . I have put giant notes on it but it still happens. I am looking for a light or some alarm that would tell them when it is on. cooler door lights would be good too but that is a different thread. do they make anything? maybe a dc powered light? maybe a snapdisk to a light bulb? that might work. I think I may try that but if they do make something I would like to look into it. thanks.

If I understand you correctly, by no power you mean it does not utilize electrical power. A light would require something to run it, but how about just using a timer with an alarm? Somebody is still going to have to turn the oven off even if you were able to tie a light in to the thermostat or gas valve.

Quote Originally Posted by smeq View Post
    If I understand you correctly, by no power you mean it does not utilize electrical power. A light would require something to run it, but how about just using a timer with an alarm? Somebody is still going to have to turn the oven off even if you were able to tie a light in to the thermostat or gas valve.
    they use a timer when it's time to pull the food out. for some reason they can't seem to shut the oven off at the same time. I just mean the oven doesn't use electricity, there are receptacles there, it just doesn't need power to operate. tomorrow when I go to restock the vans I will pick up see what they have for switches.
    a red light will catch attention.

What will you use to power the light? Could you tie it in to the timer so it's obvious to turn the gas off? Maybe a siren, or a bell...I feel your pain.

What will you use to power the light? Could you tie it in to the timer so it's obvious to turn the gas off? Maybe a siren, or a bell...I feel your pain.
    I think I will just use a normal light fixture with a red bulb. I will put it on a "pedestal" bracket mounted on the stove itself and wire it through a make on rise snap disk or aquastat. what ever they have cheap laying around. I don't have time to get to my big shop, I know I have something there,

That's a pretty cool idea.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty cool idea.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    now I need to come up with an alarm tp close the walk in door and cooler doors. lol. water too. I don't understand how so many people can turn a faucet on and walk away. it seems like a natural reaction to me to turn it off but not these girls. I have little notes and written signs all over the place because of the insane lack of common sense. lol.

well this isn't a cheap fix but electric gas valve on a holding circuit hooked to a timer not cheap but they do have to set the timer to reset the holding circuit and if power goes it defaults off? put spring hinges on the doors and don't let them prop em open there not air conditioners. I hate walking into a place just to see the doors propped open. oh and the faucets spring foot pedals. if there that far gone aside from someone hitting them in the head when they walk away and forget. I don't see flashy lights helping i mean they cant read they might be blind.

That's why you see so many places with sensor operated faucets, self closing walk-ins, motion sensors for lights, and ems/ddc to control lights and hvac.

They know the average American worker lacks common sense and everything needs to be automated.