Post Likes

Hobart crs86a no heat in left tank.

No voltage to steam solenoid in left tank. Ohm float terminals at solid state stat, open. Replace float switch, now stat has "open" light illuminated.

It appears that the "open" light on the board responds to the thermistor for the stat, I'm just not sure where the thermistor is located.

With the four wires coming out of the float switch, is one set of leads for the float and the other for the thermistor?

If not where is the thermistor?

Thanks for any help, I know it's something simple.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzuh View Post
    No voltage to steam solenoid in left tank. Ohm float terminals at solid state stat, open. Replace float switch, now stat has "open" light illuminated.

It appears that the "open" light on the board responds to the thermistor for the stat, I'm just not sure where the thermistor is located.

With the four wires coming out of the float switch, is one set of leads for the float and the other for the thermistor?

If not where is the thermistor?

Thanks for any help, I know it's something simple.
    You're correct. The lower float with two sets of leads has the thermistor. The two orange wires are the heat circuit's float switch. The two black leads are the thermistor. It's illustrated on the schematic something like the bottom circuit in the ladder diagram below.

Where I work, we only have one C-line A machine left (all others replaced by CLes) and I haven't I dealt with this problem. So I'm not certain on what the LED is telling you. Sure seems you'd be correct in that it'd be showing you when it's calling for heat. May be a Hobart tech can chime in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Yup, check how you wirked the probe. If you didn't know where the thermistor was, you might have wired it wrong.......start there.

Post Likes
    Yea, wired thermistor and/or float switch wrong. Keyed plug that kept correct orientation for float and thermistor had been removed from leads from stat. After many popped fuses and trying combinations different ways, she opened the steam solenoid.

For future reference, is there any way to determine which leads from the thermistor and float switch correspond to terminals 1-4 on the stat?