I'm replacing my gas furnace and air conditioning unit. My furnace is located in the attic of a 3 floor town-house.
The 2 proposals that I'm considering are as follows:
Carrier Infinity System:
• Carrier 58CVA070-12 2-Stage, Variable Speed Infinity Series gas Furnace
• Carrier 24ANB724 2-Stage Infinity Series Air Conditioner
• Carrier CNPVP3617A 2.5ton Indoor Evaporator Coil
• Carrier Digital Programmable Thermostat
• Aprilaire 2210 Media Filter (8-12 month longevity))
XV80 TUD2B060A9V3VA (If this is in the attic should it be the downflow?)
Honeywell Programmable Thermostat
They will also modify the return supply duct and install an adjustable manual damper
My main question/concern is if the price difference should I really consider the infinity system due to the communicating capability and dual stage AC? I currently have zero issues with noise even though the current unit was installed about 14 years ago. I just have a huge difference in temperature from floor to floor and my assumption is that's due to the unit being located in the attic.
Let me know what you think and thank you very much.