Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Ja, das ist! Ich spreche Deutsch und Englisch

...and bad English
    Sieg Heil

Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    their looking for some one to heard their cattle lol
    cattle? you got some serious issues kid, sooner or later life is going to hit you hard right where it hurts, wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    according to the add they are looking for "bilingual" not Spanish speakers only, there is a difference.

whats wrong with speaking more than 2 languages? last time I checked that was considered smart.
    I was born at night....not last night.

its discrimination this is america if you speak english that should be enough thats the problem english is becoming a second language
    So to be clear, you'd rather work for the company that chooses to ignore a large portion of the potential customer base because none of the techs speak spanish? Yeah, that'll work out well. Personally, I'd rather work for a company that doesn't turn away paying jobs.

MOST companies are moving towards the point of paying a bilingual premium (this isn't just HVAC businesses). This also happens in nearly every other country in the world... only there, they pay more for people who have the audacity to speak english.

cattle? you got some serious issues kid, sooner or later life is going to hit you hard right where it hurts, wait a see.
    already has only thing left is death

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post

MOST companies are moving towards the point of paying a bilingual premium (this isn't just HVAC businesses)
    I can attest to that. My mother works for a company that manufactures heart monitors and the like. She speaks English and German ad she learned Italian because a lot of her clients are in Italy.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

my grandparents came to America from Europe didnt know a word english but they learned it werent catered too,my point is if you wish to live in another country and want to communicate learn their language if not thats your problem

my grandparents came to America from Europe didnt know a word english but they learned it werent catered too,my point is if you wish to live in another country and want to communicate learn their language if not thats your problem
    Thats beyond the missing point of your post! somehow you feel entitled to rule and dictate what type of qualifications an employer is allowed to ask jobs applicants, who do you think you are?

Thats beyond the missing point of your post! somehow you feel entitled to rule and dictate what type of qualifications an employer is allowed to ask jobs applicants, who do you think you are?
    piss off your getting annoying with your propaganda

well, rather than debating about it. you tell working class and affluence class anglo saxons and other whities to have more than 1.2 kids to counter act the decline in white populationl. if you stop having kids then obviously your race is gonna extinct.

or you could learn how to habla espanol or other language and collect the money from the wealthy immigrant that works as hard as you do. the Home depot type may not have the moolah in the 1st couple of years.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

piss off your getting annoying with your propaganda
    propaganda? what are you taking about?
    according to your pointless post, you feel the sky is falling cause some company somewhere is looking for a bilingual hvac tech, you are not bilingual,are not interested in the position but are unhappy about a private company asking for such qualification, I dont get it!
    There are far worst things affecting our trade in a negative way like big corporations swallowing the small fish and undercutting everyone and their mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    well, rather than debating about it. you tell working class and affluence class anglo saxons and other whities to have more than 1.2 kids to counter act the decline in white populationl. if you stop having kids then obviously your race is gonna extinct.

or you could learn how to habla espanol or other language and collect the money from the wealthy immigrant that works as hard as you do. the Home depot type may not have the moolah in the 1st couple of years.
    if your responsable you only have kids you can afford to take care of other wise you just pop out babbies left and right and the state pays for them and yes the responsable population declines

but that is NOT what your OP was about. You were whining about an HVAC company choosing to expand their business to those who HAVEN'T learned that language yet. You call it 'catering' to them... successful businesses would call that customer service.

If you want to get upset about government forms and such in a foreign language, that's one thing. but THIS is nowhere near the same thing. Foreign language skills have been considered a job qualification for centuries (it's the reason foreign languages are taught in schools - it's not just so you can go on vacation and find the bathroom).

Where I work (yes, in America) we have foreign language speakers in 15 different languages - they all get paid a premium above their normal pay because of this ability - and we are not being overrun by tagalog speakers... but there are some, and we choose to serve them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast