+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHATS THE HVAC WORLD COMING TOO Must be bilingual, Spanish and English

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    my grandparents came to America from Europe didnt know a word english but they learned it werent catered too,my point is if you wish to live in another country and want to communicate learn their language if not thats your problem
    Thats beyond the missing point of your post! somehow you feel entitled to rule and dictate what type of qualifications an employer is allowed to ask jobs applicants, who do you think you are?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Thats beyond the missing point of your post! somehow you feel entitled to rule and dictate what type of qualifications an employer is allowed to ask jobs applicants, who do you think you are?
    piss off your getting annoying with your propaganda

Post Likes
    well, rather than debating about it. you tell working class and affluence class anglo saxons and other whities to have more than 1.2 kids to counter act the decline in white populationl. if you stop having kids then obviously your race is gonna extinct.

or you could learn how to habla espanol or other language and collect the money from the wealthy immigrant that works as hard as you do. the Home depot type may not have the moolah in the 1st couple of years.
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    piss off your getting annoying with your propaganda
    propaganda? what are you taking about?
    according to your pointless post, you feel the sky is falling cause some company somewhere is looking for a bilingual hvac tech, you are not bilingual,are not interested in the position but are unhappy about a private company asking for such qualification, I dont get it!
    There are far worst things affecting our trade in a negative way like big corporations swallowing the small fish and undercutting everyone and their mothers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    well, rather than debating about it. you tell working class and affluence class anglo saxons and other whities to have more than 1.2 kids to counter act the decline in white populationl. if you stop having kids then obviously your race is gonna extinct.

or you could learn how to habla espanol or other language and collect the money from the wealthy immigrant that works as hard as you do. the Home depot type may not have the moolah in the 1st couple of years.
    if your responsable you only have kids you can afford to take care of other wise you just pop out babbies left and right and the state pays for them and yes the responsable population declines

Post Likes
    my grandparents came to America from Europe didnt know a word english but they learned it werent catered too,my point is if you wish to live in another country and want to communicate learn their language if not thats your problem
    but that is NOT what your OP was about. You were whining about an HVAC company choosing to expand their business to those who HAVEN'T learned that language yet. You call it 'catering' to them... successful businesses would call that customer service.

If you want to get upset about government forms and such in a foreign language, that's one thing. but THIS is nowhere near the same thing. Foreign language skills have been considered a job qualification for centuries (it's the reason foreign languages are taught in schools - it's not just so you can go on vacation and find the bathroom).

Where I work (yes, in America) we have foreign language speakers in 15 different languages - they all get paid a premium above their normal pay because of this ability - and we are not being overrun by tagalog speakers... but there are some, and we choose to serve them.

Post Likes
    What a bunch of baloney.

The website for the job poster is in ENGLISH ONLY and sells high end services to what I would image are non 1st gen citizens.

They need someone to relay english spoken orders from the office to the min wage illegals/barely legals. That's it...defend the lack of opportunity for the kid next door, or break his heart by telling him his competition will work for the minimum or less.

Post Likes
    welllll usa and canada is happen to be the land of immigrants. so naturally there will be other language spoken. it happens that english are one of the first to come over and the more dominant one. so why not have crew that caters to those immigrants. even if their 1st gen is not succesful, they may have grandchildren, and other families that's very wealthy. it happens all the time. if there's a service tech that speak my mother tounge, he will get the 1st try. if he's an idiot, then naturally he won't get it again.

if the dutch won at the war in manhattan or if the french haven't sold you a bunch of land on lousiana purhcase or if the russian didn't sold you alaska and you haven't took some from mexico, there could be at least maybe 5 different nation in the geographical area that is USA. so relax and learn another language. it's not degrading, it's enriching. about time you guys learn another language. other ppl need to learn english as second language to work with you, maybe you need a second language to work with other ppl.

Post Likes
    Watching the Olympics it always amazes me just how many of the young people from all over the world speak English. Maybe they pick it up from Rap "music".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    ... That way, indigenous Americans wouldn't know they are excluded from consideration. We should carpet bomb them with replies.
    Really???? Are you talking about native Americans? Like the Mohawk nation or Navajo? Or are you talking about the white man? Ha!

Post Likes
    Speaking more than one language is never a bad thing. When i talk hvac to those not fluent in it i feel superior

Post Likes
    I love getting around techs that believe anyone but English speaking Americans are terrible people. That's when I start speaking Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. When they freak out that I can speak three languages, I let them know that I'm preparing so I can have a secure job when China takes over. HAHAHAHA! Another thing... just because someone's first language may be Spanish doesn't mean that they can't speak English. Perhaps your customer can better express themselves in their mother tongue and the more tools you have, the better. I have Chinese customers that are here legally, that can speak English, but they always request me because they can use Chinese to describe issues and chat it up. Why is America falling behind economically? It's not just the language barrier, but we're one of the few countries that don't teach multiple languages from childhood.

Post Likes
    WHATS THE HVAC WORLD COMING TOO Must be bilingual, Spanish and English

their looking for some one to heard their cattle lol

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. If we continue reading, there are probably many more grammatical mistakes. Ni mingbai ma? Entiendes?

Post Likes
    its discrimination this is america if you speak english that should be enough thats the problem english is becoming a second language
    Its called breeding and immigration. You English speaking folks are getting out bred by the Spanish speaking folks. its called the "reconquista movement" look it up....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Wow, who knew HVAC techs were actually clan members?!?!?!?

Actually i find it real funny of how people on a board like this rant and rave and are never man enough to put their name on it, bunch of {insert your own adjective here}
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    welllll usa and canada is happen to be the land of immigrants. so naturally there will be other language spoken. it happens that english are one of the first to come over and the more dominant one. so why not have crew that caters to those immigrants. even if their 1st gen is not succesful, they may have grandchildren, and other families that's very wealthy. it happens all the time. if there's a service tech that speak my mother tounge, he will get the 1st try. if he's an idiot, then naturally he won't get it again.

if the dutch won at the war in manhattan or if the french haven't sold you a bunch of land on lousiana purhcase or if the russian didn't sold you alaska and you haven't took some from mexico, there could be at least maybe 5 different nation in the geographical area that is USA. so relax and learn another language. it's not degrading, it's enriching. about time you guys learn another language. other ppl need to learn english as second language to work with you, maybe you need a second language to work with other ppl.
    Sorry, but I disagree. If you move to a country, you learn the language not force the country to learn yours. Speak multiple, great! But don't tell me I have to learn another to appease somebody that moved here.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    If you really feel thay way, give your land to an American Indian and start speaking Navajo or another actual NATIVE language.
    Hahaha....stupid liberals!

Post Likes
    nevermind

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. If you move to a country, you learn the language not force the country to learn yours. Speak multiple, great! But don't tell me I have to learn another to appease somebody that moved here.
    I think we misunderstood here. I agree with you, that if you moved to a country you should be able to speak the national language. well, if the immigrant population that speak the same language is large, whether you want it or not they're the defacto 2nd language.

y do u think lowes and homedepot is bilingual? it's a defacto 2nd language that most trades man need to be able to speak, whether you like it or not. we got trilingual stuff since our official language is english and french.

in the west coast it's prolly mandarin or japanese or hindi.

Post Likes
    Yes. It only makes sense that you learn the language of the land where you move. However, it takes time to learn a language well. 'Well they should learn before they move!' You say. Your ignorance is ever present. If only you understood the circumstances that so many people live under. They do well to just survivve day to day let alone learn your language before their leisurely move to the US. NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND FORCING YOU TO LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE. (Oops caps.) It's called commerce and good business. Try to gain some real perspective people and pull your heads out of Rush Limbaugh's anus. Good advice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in