Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128

    WHATS THE HVAC WORLD COMING TOO Must be bilingual, Spanish and English

    ADD I FOUND ON CRAIGSLIST NY THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY
    HVAC Install Mechanic wanted. Must be bilingual, Spanish and English.

    We offer year round work, paid holidays and vacation, full benefits, etc!

    Sila Heating and Air Conditioning is a nationally-established premier heating and air-conditioning corporation with locations in White Plains, Boston, Baltimore and Philadelphia. In operation for more than 10 years, we have been successful in providing superior service to our customers and have enjoyed steady growth as a result. Building on our success, we have been able to provide career advancement opportunities for our existing employees, as well as add new members to our team. You can be successful at Sila if you:

    About the Position

    Our positions include guaranteed year-round work.

    We currently have a career opportunity for a Install Mechanic with a strong work ethic.

    At Sila, we recognize that our employees are the driving force behind our tremendous success. We are committed to helping our employees achieve professional and personal goals through training, experience, rewards and opportunities for growth.

    Our compensation is highly competitive and is based off of skills and experience. Our comprehensive benefits program includes medical, dental, 401k, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and more.

    Sila's employees are career-minded, customer service oriented, and true professionals. Our craftsmanship and customer focus are unmatched in the industry.

    Don't miss this opportunity to join a dynamic organization and grow your future

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,032
    Sounds like it was written by a White House speechwriter!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    103
    any time they say yr round work look out it summer they mean

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,295
    employers can ask prospect employees for an endless list of qualifications in order to better serve their customers needs, if you dont speak both languages then according to the add you are not what they are looking for.
    I fail to see the point of your post, there is nothing wrong with being bilingual, trilingual etc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    employers can ask prospect employees for an endless list of qualifications in order to better serve their customers needs, if you dont speak both languages then according to the add you are not what they are looking for.
    I fail to see the point of your post, there is nothing wrong with being bilingual, trilingual etc.
    its discrimination this is america if you speak english that should be enough thats the problem english is becoming a second language

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by seemungaln View Post
    any time they say yr round work look out it summer they mean
    yea come september your laid off watch out for the signing bonuses some of these company's are such joke's if we got rid of all the bullshttt company's that gave the HVAC trade a bad name and under cut everyone working for free there would be more safe work to offer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    employers can ask prospect employees for an endless list of qualifications in order to better serve their customers needs, if you dont speak both languages then according to the add you are not what they are looking for.
    I fail to see the point of your post, there is nothing wrong with being bilingual, trilingual etc.
    you must work for them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cal
    Posts
    1,581
    Why not just write the ad in espanol? That way, indigenous Americans wouldn't know they are excluded from consideration.

    We should carpet bomb them with replies.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    you must work for them
    I dont work for then, common sense tells you that if you want the job then learn to speak Spanish period, thats what they want,is their company and who are you to dictate otherwise?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    Why not just write the ad in espanol? That way, indigenous Americans wouldn't know they are excluded from consideration.

    We should carpet bomb them with replies.
    according to the add they are looking for "bilingual" not Spanish speakers only, there is a difference.

    whats wrong with speaking more than 2 languages? last time I checked that was considered smart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    its discrimination this is america if you speak english that should be enough thats the problem english is becoming a second language
    sure, run to your bunker and grab your gun... they are coming

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    whats wrong with speaking more than 2 languages? last time I checked that was considered smart.
    Ja, das ist! Ich spreche Deutsch und Englisch

    ...and bad English
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    according to the add they are looking for "bilingual" not Spanish speakers only, there is a difference.

    whats wrong with speaking more than 2 languages? last time I checked that was considered smart.
    their looking for some one to heard their cattle lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event