Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, I do not have a backup on my PC. TRANE says that they will sell me one for about $1000.00. I can't afford that. I would have thought that they would have left one here but it looks like they did not. All I want to do is to connect to the BCU and upload a new database and continue to program from there so I can get the building back from there. I did obtain a licensed copy with proper registration. I got it from the ebay for $1000.00. Thanks for any help you can send me.

What will trane be selling you for $1000.00?

Why dont you just reprogram and upload the information yourself onto the BCU.

Do you know how to set up a new site, UCM's, VAS, AREA and related objects.

or is Trane willing to do it for the quoted price. If that's the case........let them do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    What will trane be selling you for $1000.00?

Why dont you just reprogram and upload the information yourself onto the BCU.

Do you know how to set up a new site, UCM's, VAS, AREA and related objects.

or is Trane willing to do it for the quoted price. If that's the case........let them do the work.

I'm willing to do the programming but don't know how to make up a new database. TRANE is charging $1000.00 to give us a copy of our original database. Does not seem fair to me to hire them just to make it up and send it to us.
    Thanks. B. David

Any suggestions as to how I can make up a new data base for our BCU and then start to reprogram the BCU ??
    Thanks.

Just how do you mean that? You have Tracer Summit? Just start a new site in Tracer Summit: Setup, Site Configuration and than create a new one! If you have TS, there is a manual on your PC, start/All Programs/Tracer Summit/User Guides. RTFM, never fails

Quote Originally Posted by brothdavid View Post
    Any suggestions as to how I can make up a new data base for our BCU and then start to reprogram the BCU ??
    Thanks.
    If you've never set-up a Tracer Summit site before then it would be crazy for us to try to walk you through it on a message board. I would try to find some help locally if I were you. While I agree that selling you a copy of your database is BS it would probably be cheaper to go ahead and buy it from them, especially if you've never programmed a site before. I don't know what equipment you have there, but I'm just thinking about all the CPL that could have been present and you would have no idea.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    If you've never set-up a Tracer Summit site before then it would be crazy for us to try to walk you through it on a message board. I would try to find some help locally if I were you. While I agree that selling you a copy of your database is BS it would probably be cheaper to go ahead and buy it from them, especially if you've never programmed a site before. I don't know what equipment you have there, but I'm just thinking about all the CPL that could have been present and you would have no idea.
    I agree 100% with Mallron. There is much more to just setting up a new site. Like he stated you will need to take into consideration of the Custom Program Language which needs to be set up.

Each site is set up different as there are so many different variables that will need to be taken into account. Its not they they have you up against the wall, the fact is that it takes some time to do this correctly and more important the experience as to what will work for your application. Sure it's pretty easy to set up a site and set up configuration of controllers, however CPL is something completely different.

Its very clear that you will need someone to do this for you. Its not a walk in the park for a first timer and there may be many variables to consider depending on the size of the system. If you have not done this before it is crazy to try to explain how this works and what it's true function is.

Personally i think for $1,000.00 you are getting off at a reasonable price. Let em do the work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12