Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    The site link polls for ports simultaneously, but your basic statement is still correct that it is still another link in the chain.
    Are you sure?
    It doesn't seem like the transmit/receive lights ever fire for more than 1 of the 12 ports at a time?
    Or are you talking about polling for status?

Quote Originally Posted by StDavis68 View Post
    Dont know if it is related, but there was a problem related to the internal clocks a few months back. It caused all values to go to max(65535) for a few seconds. It only happened every 27.5 days.

Intellislot cards are almost always a better choice. The sitelinks greatly limit the point count each device can have. Also, both the sitelink and the slot cards are just glorified field servers, both introduce additional latency into the system. The intellislot card only has to gather data from 1 device, the sitelink has to get it from up to 12 and it doesn't multithread even though the devices are on 12 separate ports.

Finally, it is simple to set up a intellislot card by yourself, the only problems you could run into would be due to the wrong factory firmware or velocity version. If you go with a sitelink, you are required to have a startup guy come out.

I have old Lieberts(1996) that are wired back to a sitelink panel that failed. This panel goes to a JCI N2 Integrator.
    The communication wires are on terminals 77 and 78 and go to this sitelink panel
    Do I need a sitelink panel or can I use these Intell-cards?

I want to wire these Lieberts to a JCI Jace (modbus or bacnet)

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jaceski View Post
    I have old Lieberts(1996) that are wired back to a sitelink panel that failed. This panel goes to a JCI N2 Integrator.
    The communication wires are on terminals 77 and 78 and go to this sitelink panel
    Do I need a sitelink panel or can I use these Intell-cards?

I want to wire these Lieberts to a JCI Jace (modbus or bacnet)

TIA
    You might be able to do either. On the unit schematics pasted to the outside of the high voltage door does it say standard microprocessor or advanced microprocessor? Pretty sure both of those can work with modbus option cards they can sell but they won't be intellislot cards.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Sorry if I am hi-jacking this thread....
    I am able to discover the points via bacnet / ip using a FX-60 , but no matter what I do, I cant write to the setpoints. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frontline View Post
    Sorry if I am hi-jacking this thread....
    I am able to discover the points via bacnet / ip using a FX-60 , but no matter what I do, I cant write to the setpoints. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Make sure you have the correct set of points. They have a set of points to read, and a different set of points to write to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12