Thread: old tool found

old tool found

new tool to me now,,,,,,,,,,,, last fall did a fall clean n check; nothing outstanding; just the usual,,,, it was last call of the day,, went to start my next day at a call and went to check amps , no amp meter!!!! went back to the last call and couldn't find it.went and bought a new amp meter<fluke> well yesterday went back and did a spring clean and check , took door off airhandler and there is my old fluke;; still clamped on the wires,,, it is nice to have an extra amp meter!!!!!!!!! darn old age is getting to me
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

I did that with a pair of pliers a few years ago. There they were, with my name written on them when I took the door off...

I've never done something like that, nope, not once ever.....

If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Talking Senior Moments

Bad enough to leave it in a unit,,,,much worse when you find it in your truck, in a bucket of stuff you pulled off a job late one night and never emptied the bucket. It was just like Christmas!!!
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    new tool to me now,,,,,,,,,,,, last fall did a fall clean n check; nothing outstanding; just the usual,,,, it was last call of the day,, went to start my next day at a call and went to check amps , no amp meter!!!! went back to the last call and couldn't find it.went and bought a new amp meter<fluke> well yesterday went back and did a spring clean and check , took door off airhandler and there is my old fluke;; still clamped on the wires,,, it is nice to have an extra amp meter!!!!!!!!! darn old age is getting to me
    If the battery was still good- bet it an Energizer.

Did that with my gauges. Knew I left them but it was 50 miles away, so I bought another set and waited till next year to get them back.

I was doing an install with a coworker of mine. He had put the original unit in 15 years ago and when we went to tear it out he found a maglight with his name etched on it in the return drop. It was one of the first installs he ever did and he remembered that he had lost it on that job but never expected to see it again.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Glad it's not only me.

A while back I "misplaced" my contractor tool. It's used to program a Genisys primary oil burner control. Well anyway brought a new one and about two weeks ago, I went to a call and there it was just where I left it, still plug into system.I did a read out and found that the burner had ran 2700 hours since I was there last

P.S. That's over 112 days running (24 hours a day)
    southshorejohn

I had a brand new pair of needle nose that went missing. 10 years later went back to do some work (for the new home owners), and there they were in the return.
    www.mcleanair.com

"It was working until it quit."